Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set the P-asserted Identity on out going calls from CUCM

simon hester
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 
Reaching out for some help. I'm based in the UK and have an issue with a customer were the P-asserted Identity appear to be missing from the SIP header. 

I'm trying and failing to find out where this needs to be set in CUCM or is it a CUBE config. We are running CUCM 11.5 but will soon be on version 14. We run Cisco Cubes as the session board controllers than manage SIP trunks out to gamma.

The issue came up recently after a 999 call and they wanted to trace the call. As we were missing the P-asserted ID the main billing number was inserted which caused some issue in terms of who the 999 operators could call back. 

I did come across this https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/which-sip-headers-in-cucm-are-used-to-identify-the-calling-party/td-p/3925095 which linked to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/trunks.html

But I'm still a bit lost as to what's missing in the config. I did find this config on the SIP trunk but not sure if that relates to the p-asserted ID or not or what the correct config should be. 

simonhester_0-1678793618627.png

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Your screenshot is correct.
In CUBE you can set it globally, in tenant or in the dial-peers.

Example globally:
voice service voip
 sip
  asserted-id pai

View solution in original post

Hi Thanks for the response

So which setting do I need from the drop downs, as I'm being told by the SIP provider that the P-asserted ID is missing they provided a Pcap file and it was not in the SIP header. This make me think the default value is not working. 

In most cases the customers outbound calls do withhold there number for various reasons. 
I had forgotten about the help pages and saw this attached but stil wondered if what we have set with default is correct. 

Thanks

No problem, but I would appriceate it, to get an accepted solution.

8 Replies 8

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Your screenshot is correct.
In CUBE you can set it globally, in tenant or in the dial-peers.

Example globally:
voice service voip
 sip
  asserted-id pai

Hi Thanks for the response

So which setting do I need from the drop downs, as I'm being told by the SIP provider that the P-asserted ID is missing they provided a Pcap file and it was not in the SIP header. This make me think the default value is not working. 

In most cases the customers outbound calls do withhold there number for various reasons. 
I had forgotten about the help pages and saw this attached but stil wondered if what we have set with default is correct. 

Thanks

Isn't that obvious?
P-Asserted-Identity

I'm still very new to all this and worry about making a change and breaking the live system.

So change the drop down from default to PAI

Reading the help guide does the default setting just use what ever is pass to it eg if the CLI has been withheld that thats what gets sent on to the SIP provider. 

You don't need to be a pro, to guess that PAI stands for P-Asserted-Identity (which is also stated in the help you have found).

In default, CUCM just passes on the screening indication, which he received, on to the SIP Trunk. --> This is normally not the provider, because you have CUBE in between.

And no, you don't break anything. Set it to PAI, save and reset the SIP trunk. When you hit "reset" all active calls, which use this SIP trunk are disconnected.

Hi Thanks for your help I'll plan a outage to the trunk to add it and see what happens. 

Thanks so much. 

No problem, but I would appriceate it, to get an accepted solution.

I think i have done that now think i clicked the wrong one before.