Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup Greeting message in CUCM 10.5

sharathpk0912
Level 1
Level 1

I want to set a greeting message to a directory number in CUCM10.5

1.All calls should be first greeted with a welcome message and should start ringing on reception number.
2.If no one answered the call , it then goes to a voice message.

Can anyone guide me to configure.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With standalone CUCM, it's not possible. Since you've mentioned that call later on should be routed to voice mail, I assume that your deployment also includes unity connection.

You can use CTI Route Point with CFA to voicemail. In unity connection, match this call with appropriate call handler and play the desired message. Then transfer the call to reception number. On reception number, set CFNR to send the call back to voicemail if no one answers.

- Vivek

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have CCX you can achieve this easily with a script, I can help you configuring that.

If not this can also be done via Unity connection by sending the call to call handler, playing a greeting and then sending it recptionist.

Regards,

Chakshu Piplani

-Rate helpful posts-

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since you have version 10.5 , you could also try call queueing with hunt pilot to see whether that helps. Else better option is to use unity connection call handler as suggested already

HTH

Rajan

Hi Rajan - Queuing only works in case of busy. Call won't hit the queue if extension is free. Hence unity connection should be the only option.

-Vivek