cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to simplify SRST Dial Plan and strip the 9 ?

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all. instead of using a lod of dial peers in ym SRST MGCP fallback config I was thinking of using only these two

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^.*\(.....$\)/ /\1/ 
!
voice translation-rule 2
rule 1 /^.*$/ /90\0/
!
!
voice translation-profile PSTN-Inbound-Translate
translate calling 2
translate called 1

!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
translation-profile incoming PSTN-Inbound-Translate
preference 1
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/1/0:15
!
dial-peer voice 10 pots
description SRST calls to the PSTN
preference 1
destination-pattern 9.T 
!

How do i strip the 9 from the outbound to the PSTN?
dial-peer voice 10 pots
preference 1
destination-pattern 9.T 
!

Do I use

dial-peer voice 10 pots
preference 1
destination-pattern 9.T

forward-digits 11 

Would the forward-digits 11 work ? i can see this working for a mobile number or a national, but what abouyt local say six digits? 
would I have to add another dial-peer then? and then for other numbers extra dial peers, etc etc so I'd be back to another long list of dial peers then.

can i not just have a cover all  with the

dial-peer voice 10 pots
preference 1
destination-pattern 9.T

forward-digits 11 (or whatever ?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Because that snip is for INBOUND matching, not OUTBOUND.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/14074-in-dial-peer-match.html

Now, assume that an incoming call arrives with no calling number information and is matched with the POTS dial peer based on the destination-pattern 9T command. In this case, the Cisco IOS router or gateway uses the "9" digit as the calling number and forwards the call to the corresponding device, such as CallManager or the IOS Gateway. In order to not replace the empty calling number field, create a dummy POTS dial peer with just the incoming called-number command configured. Because the incoming called-number statement has higher priority than destination pattern for inbound POTS matching, dial-peer voice 2 becomes the POTS dial peer used

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Thanks for that. is this saying then according to the example

In this example we have defined 9011T as the string for the destination-pattern.

With this in place we receive a call for 90113227045555. This matches our dial-peer for outbound call routing and the explicitly defined digits of 9011 are stripped off before the call is routed out the voice-port. 

!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern 9011T
 port 0/0/0:23

So using  MY example which is 
dial-peer voice 10 pots
preference 1
destination-pattern 9.T
Is this supposed to STRIP the 9 then?

I'm confused because I found this article. does this  suggest the same pattern DOES NOT strip the 9  

Special Note on POTS  Calls with Empty Calling Number Field

Assume this configuration:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
   destination-pattern 9T
   port 1/0:1

Now, assume that an incoming call arrives with no calling number information and is matched with the POTS dial peer based on the destination-pattern 9T command. In this case, the Cisco IOS router or gateway uses the "9" digit as the calling number and forwards the call to the corresponding device, such as CallManager or the IOS Gateway. In order to not replace the empty calling number field, create a dummy POTS dial peer with just the incoming called-number command configured. Because the incoming called-number statement has higher priority than destination pattern for inbound POTS matching, dial-peer voice 2 becomes the POTS dial peer used."

So  how do I strip the 9 then?

I've noticed my dial-peer has

destination-pattern 9.T

which is different from

destination-pattern 9T

It's the DOT, so by using

destination-pattern 9.T                    I should be stripping the 9 for any outbound call, yes?

Because that snip is for INBOUND matching, not OUTBOUND.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/14074-in-dial-peer-match.html

Now, assume that an incoming call arrives with no calling number information and is matched with the POTS dial peer based on the destination-pattern 9T command. In this case, the Cisco IOS router or gateway uses the "9" digit as the calling number and forwards the call to the corresponding device, such as CallManager or the IOS Gateway. In order to not replace the empty calling number field, create a dummy POTS dial peer with just the incoming called-number command configured. Because the incoming called-number statement has higher priority than destination pattern for inbound POTS matching, dial-peer voice 2 becomes the POTS dial peer used

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello and thanks again. so getting back to my question

If I am inside the hgateway and i want to ring a PSTN number i woulds usuaully dial 9 then the number.

Will this strip off the 9 before it sends it to the PSTN please yes or no?
dial-peer voice 10 pots
preference 1
destination-pattern 9.T
Is this supposed to STRIP the 9 then?