cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to tell what phones a DN is programmed on?

craig.pollitt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a dependency record or something that shows what phones a DN is programmed as a SD/BLF on? I can do this easily from an Ericsson MD110, however I haven't found an equivalency in CallManager for this.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as i mentioned, there is no easy way to try getting this information

you run qrys from CLI

run sql

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1052698

run a qry on that table and see what info it contains, most probably it's the one and you will need to join it with the device table to get the info

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

Try "Route Plan Report"

This should tell you. ; )

This shows what phones a number is programmed as a DN, however it doesn't list the phones that have it programmed as a SD/BLF (unless I'm still overlooking it).

Thanks.

What version of Callmanager? Could try using the dependency records.

CallManager 6.1.2.1000-13. I looked at what was listed in the dependency records and it only reflects those instruments that have the number assigned as a DN...it does not show phones that have that number as a SD or BLF. That's the info I'm after.

CallManager 6.1.2.1000-13. I looked at what was listed in the dependency records and it only reflects those instruments that have the number assigned as a DN...it does not show phones that have that number as a SD or BLF. That's the info I'm after.

route...Route plan report should tell you that.

that info is not reflected in any report, you would need to try looking with the data dictionary to create a query that could show you that, it does not show as any dependency record as you could only have a button template but no BLF configured

if you do not want to go with the QRY then look at the button template, use dependency records and look into any phone that has that template and do it manually

there is no easy way to get that info

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok, I'm looking at the data dictionary and have no idea what I'm supposed to do or where to do it. Let's say I actually right a structured query that finds what I'm looking for, where am I supposed to run the query? Does anyone have some insight they could share?

The closest thing I can come up with is that I'm looking for information contained in the blfspeeddial table (350), after that I'm completely lost.

Thanks.

as i mentioned, there is no easy way to try getting this information

you run qrys from CLI

run sql

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1052698

run a qry on that table and see what info it contains, most probably it's the one and you will need to join it with the device table to get the info

HTH

java

HTH

java

Here's how I resolved my issue--

Find the Unique Identifier for the DN you are looking up:

admin:run sql SELECT pkid FROM numplan WHERE dnorpattern = "xxxxx"

-returns the value-

[pkid_STRING]

Find the Devices that that DN is programmed on and other information:

run sql SELECT * FROM blfspeeddial WHERE fknumplan = "pkid_STRING"

-returns the values-

[OTHER_STRING],[LABEL],[DEVICE_STRING],[Button # is programmed on]

(-or if you just want a list of devices-

run sql SELECT fkdevice FROM blfspeeddial WHERE fknumplan = "pkid_STRING")

To find the phones the # is programmed on, using the Description field for the device:

run sql SELECT description FROM device WHERE pkid = "DEVICE_STRING"

-returns the value-

[DESCRIPTION] / or in our case, the phone that has the original # programmed on.

Thanks to java for pointing me down the right path.

Craig

also thank you Craig, for posting out the way you figured out this and also the qrys you made for it, i'm pretty sure many will find them useful

+5 for you buddy

java

HTH

java

Hi Craig,

I agree with my friend Java! +5 points for this great info that will certainly help someone else in the future. Great work :)

Thanks again,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: