cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to traceroute from a Cisco IP phone

Michael Ricci
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to traceroute from my 7975 that I ssh'ed into, but I can't figure out the command. Do I need to be in a certain directory?

I've searched google extensively but I can't find much documentation on the IP phone CLI, does anyone know of a site that lists all or most of the commands? This would really help me out since there is no context sensitive help.

Also, what's the difference between "$" and ">" when you are in the phone?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing of what you're asking is documented or supported, so you're really on your own.

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Michael,

Unfortunately, I don't have a 7975 to test with. I checked a 7961, 7970, and 9951 device. On the 7961 and 7970 I did not find a traceroute program loaded that could be used. On the 9951, there is a traceroute program that works as expected.

The shells on the 7961 and 7970 are the same. I suspect that the 7975 is using the same shell. I tested with 9.1.1SR1 firmware. Apparently, the 9951 shell has a lot more features.

I don't recall seeing a ">" prompt so I can't comment on that either.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: