Views
Helpful
Replies

How to transfer Speed Dials from one phone to another

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am about to replace a Cisco 7925 wireless phone to a Cisco 8821 model. How do I copy Speed Dials from older model to new model?  Obviously, typing or adding one SD at a time would be a pain since I have to do around 90 numbers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can narrow it down if you wish by:-

Bulk Admin - Phones - Export Phones - All Details and on the next screen "Select Device Type and select the device type you want to report on.

HTH

Rich

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
The only way I could think of is using the Bulk Administration and using the Export option to export all configurations of all the devices, that way you'll have all speed dials in the relevant CSV columns, then you can take it and paste to other device and use the Import option in the bulk administration.

when you say 'all the devices'...you mean every phone on this cluster? We have more than 5000 phones

1) You can use the BAT. You have to create a Profile & add all the required Speed dial to the profile.
2) Then Go to BAT>Phone>Query Phone based on the extension or MAC then choose to Apply All Speed Dials from Profile image.png

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

You can narrow it down if you wish by:-

Bulk Admin - Phones - Export Phones - All Details and on the next screen "Select Device Type and select the device type you want to report on.

HTH

Rich

Thank you....this should work for me.