Views
Helpful
Replies

How to uninstall CUCM8.0 from the 7825-I4 Appliance

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We have installed the CUCM 8.0 in the 7825-I4 Appliance server, and we prefer to install Cisco Unity on same server. Can anyone provide the detail step on how to un-install the CUCM8.0 from the 7825-I4 Appliance?

Billion thanks.

Best Regards

Ben    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

there is no uninstall procedure, you need to install Cisco unity from scratch on this server.

for the CCM, you need to take backup and restore to a new one if needed

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

there is no uninstall procedure, you need to install Cisco unity from scratch on this server.

for the CCM, you need to take backup and restore to a new one if needed

HTH

Anas

Dear Aabueideh,

Thank for your support.

Would you mind providing software link to download the Unity software?

I have serached from cisco web ,

Downloads Home > Products > Voice and Unified Communications > Unified Communications Applications > Voice Mail and Unified Messaging > Cisco Unity > Cisco Unity Version 8.0 > Unity System Software-DUCS 1.2(5)HF1

Please correct me if make any mistake.

Best Regards,

Ben    

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ben,

the link is correct, but the file is a hot fix. you can find the installation under Unity System Software-8.0(3)

HTH

Anas

Dear Aabueideh,

Thank for your kindly support.

I have installed Unity System Software, and the previous CUCM is erased automatically.

However, the server can't auto run the downloaded software from web site. Do we need to edit the boot loader?

Best Regards.

Ben    

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the rating

when you download image from cisco website it is not bootable. you need to convert the image to bootable image.

I use the following link to covert from non-bootable to bootable.

kindly find the below links

http://htluo.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-make-non-bootable-iso-image.html

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Notice the above is not supported, the supported way to get bootable media is either order it via PUT to get the physical media, or via eDelivery.

Above should only be used for labs/testing/curiosity and not for production environments.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I know it is not supported from cisco, but it is working without any issues.

I will ask you a question, if you have publisher and subscriber with version  8.5 SU3. your subsriber is crashed and you need to install it from scratch, and the only media you have is 8.5 (not SU3). what shall we do in this case ?

regards

Anas

Download SU3 and choose the option to install a patch during install

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

It is an option, but change to bootable it is working even it is not supported from cisco

regards

Anas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: