cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view what unknown number is calling me in CUCM

leopoldoruelas
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if there was a way to view an unknown or masked number calling my extension in Call Manager. The number comes in as unknown or the number is masked at times, so i don't know who's calling me. How can i find out what that number is? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Since, you are sure that the call comes from outside, there is no way CUCM can identify that calling number.

You can collect a set of debugs from the gateway to check if it is even coming from the provider end or else you will need to contact your provider indeed for the issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

It will be difficult to tell without having a look at the CCM traces which might be hard to go by.

But an easy way out to go with would be to check the CDR report and search for all the calls made to your number and then check the calling party source address and the source device to confirm who is making those calls.

Regards,

Hitesh

Ran a CDR Report and all it shows is NULL for who's calling. Is there another way to determine this or what traces could i run to see who's calling? I attached a pic of the CDR Report.

Is this an internal caller with an unknown caller ID, or and external incoming number, in which case the Telco might not pass caller ID on?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

No the call comes in from the outside. Can the Telco give me that info or would they?

Hi,

Since, you are sure that the call comes from outside, there is no way CUCM can identify that calling number.

You can collect a set of debugs from the gateway to check if it is even coming from the provider end or else you will need to contact your provider indeed for the issue.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to explain the call flow to get assistance, if this is from the PSTN and it already comes without ANI and name, you cannot find anything, only the telco *might* be able to tell.

If this from CUCM, traces will show that info.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate