cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How upgrade firmware on 6941 w/o CallManager ?

mbgimpex2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, All!

Anyone know how upgrade firmware on ip phone 6941 without Call Manager?

I need an example “XMLDefault.cnf.xml” for my Cisco IP Phone 6941, anyone have one? and can share for me.

Thanks, best regards

13 Replies 13

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

From URL http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/50113/cmterm-6921_6941_6961-sip-9-2-1-0-uns-readme.html

Cisco IP Phone Model 6921/6941/6961 Alternate Firmware format
The Cisco IP Phone Model 6921/6941/6961 Firmware version unsigned 9.2(1) is also supplied in a zip file, as an alternative in case a Cisco Unified CallManager is not available to run the executable installer program. The name of the unsigned 9.2(1) file is cmterm-69xx-sip.9-2-1-0-uns.zip.

After unzipping the firmware files, they should be manually copied to the appropriate directory on the TFTP server.

Hope this helps

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hello guys

I am also interesting in the question. How can I convert my Cisco IP Phones 6900 series from sccp to sip if I have no access to CUCM or CUCME?

Acambell answer is no correct.

It is not enough just to put firmware files on your TFTP.

If you want Cisco IP Phone change its firmware you must notify Cisco IP Phone by manualy creating XMLDefault.cnf.xml or SEP[macaddr].cnf.xml file on TFTP server. The correct firmware must be indicated in the file. After reboot Cisco phones look for the XMLDefault.cnf.xml or SEP[macaddr].cnf.xml on TFTP and find inside the files what firmware they must download. After reading the cnf files phones download firmware from the TFTP server. At least it is always so with Cisco IP Phones 7900 series.

By testing I found out that XMLDefault.cnf.xml and SEP[macaddr].cnf.xml files syntax for Cisco IP Phones 7900 is not apropriate for Cisco IP Phones 6900 series. 

So do anybody have correct syntax for XMLDefault.cnf.xml and SEP[macaddr].cnf.xml files?

Thank you in advance!

Well, it's also very interesting question for me.

I don't have access to CUCM but I have to convert Cisco IP Phones 6900 series from SCCP to SIP firmware.

I have put SIP firmware files to tftp server and configured XMLDefault.cnf.xml as I did it before for Cisco IP Phones 7900 series and it does not work. The Cisco IP Phone 6921 downloads XMLDefault.cnf.xml but does not find out SIP firmware.

Please give me advise about correct syntax for XMLDefault.cnf.xml.

I downloaded the XMLDefault.cnf.xml and a cnf.xml file for a 6921 phone from a running CUCM 8.6.2. Please see the attached files for how these are formated.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger

Your files helped to convert my Cisco ip phone 6921 to sip firmware.

Do you have a cnf files without auto-reg but with syntax for manual editing sip lines and password?

My ultimate goal is to have sip line and password indicated in cnf files.

I have found the field where I can put a sip line:

But I can't deduce what line for a password must be.

I didn't have any 6921 phones that used SIP, but I just created one with a bogus MAC address and downloaded the cnf.xml file. I hope that will help you with the correct syntax in the file.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger!

I realy appreciate your help.

But the config doesn't have one important part. The part that must be between and (180 string in the config).

In your config the field is blank.

Could you configure some bogus sip lines with passwords so they will be present in the field?

Thank you in advance.

Sure, I'll pull the complete file for you tomorrow.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Here you go, this file should have all parts.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger. Your answers were very helpful!

Thank You for the file it helped me to connect my cp-6901 with SIP6901.9-3-1-SR1-3.loads to my 3CX system.

I found very usefull description for your xml file here. Below is my working xml.

I'am wondering is it exist the same decriprion dedicated for CP-69XX phones? Maybe anyone has one...

Hello,

Can you help me? I have also the cp-6901 en i try to upload the config file to the phone.

It is uploaded but i cant make a call, what is the authentication part in the file to 3cx?