cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP DL380 G5 - Install Error

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

Customer purchased HP DL380-G5 (non-mcs) that meet all of Cisco's requirements for install. Upon install, we get the error: Not Enough Physical Disk Present. 0 of 2 Present.

Tried on 5 different DL380-G5's. Used CUCM611a, CER203 and OS2003. All failed.

I found a few posts about this and tried a system erase with a SmartStart CD, but that did not fix the issue.

Any thoughts? TIA

Jon

6 Replies 6

S M85
Level 4
Level 4

Jon,

i do not understand your question. You tried to install 6.11 on 5 different machines? The DL 380 G5 is supported for 4 / 5.X and 6. Is it possible to install an older version, and upgrade later? Maybe you can ask TAC to verify bios versions.

Yes, I tried on several servers with the same results. Ended up being the Slot 3 vs Slot 1 issue. The raid card was in Slot 3 on the riser card whereas the Cisco OS was looking for it in Slot 1. I moved the card to Slot 1 and all is well and I can install all day long!

Thanks,

Jon

Hi,

I meet another problem during install the OS4.5 or 2003.1.1 to DL380 G5 Server too. The System Fail on the RAID Setup it pop-up

The configuration of the array controller failed!

This can be caused by unexpected hardware or a hardware failure within the system.

Error code: 2822

Fatal Error

Do you have any experience on this issue? I am 100% sure the Server is same model as MCS-7835-H2. Since i already successfully install CCM5.X to this Server.

Thanks!

Regards

Daniel

1) When i'm installing OS 4.5 to DL380G5 i'm creating two arrays 1+0 and i don't have problem.

2) When i'm installing MPE2.0 to DL380G5 with 4 HDD i'm creating one array 1+0. Installation was succesful

I am having the same issue. Were you ever able to get this resolved?

Frank

Hi the problem is the raid controller. Open the server, move the raid controller to the onboard slot o and start the installation again. After installation you can move the card back to old slot and it works. regards, christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: