Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group agent not available

7racyStrub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a number of small hunt groups, running on our Cisco Unity Express Ver. 2.3 system w/CME but have run into a problem. One hunt group that only has two users has told me that the calls only go to one of the agents. When I run the show ephone-hunt group command, this is what I see:

C2851CME#sh ephone-hunt 2

Group 2

type: sequential

pilot number: 1992, peer-tag 20107

list of numbers:

1117, aux-number A1992A0100, # peers 1, logout 0, down 0

peer-tag  dn-tag  rna  login/logout  up/down

[20106     18     0       login      up  ]

1129, aux-number A1992A0101, # peers 1, logout 0, down 1

[20108     30     0       login      down]

only one agent available!

final number: 1999

preference: 0

preference (sec): 9

timeout: 12, 180

description: Sales Hunt Group

E.164 register: yes

auto logout: no

stat collect: no

number of calls in queue: 0

One of the users does not have a physical phone, but she receives messages that are forwarded to her external landline fine. I am sure the "login down" section is the culprit, but am unsure what the number refers to.

Any ideas what I need to check?

Thanks

14 Replies 14

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Tracy,

The down status indicated in the output is in relation to the associated dial-peer for ephone-dn tag. Each ephone-dn creates a dial-peer, and the operational status of dial-peer is down as it is not associated with an actual phone, thus the member is ignored. Has the hunt-group configuration changed recently and is the reason for the issue, and the actual ephone removed?

Regards
Allan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Allan, thanks for your response. I don't believe the user's configuration has changed recently; however, I did add them to the hunt group. This user is not physically in our office and has all calls forwarded to her remote location - since they don't have an actual phone can this user not be an agent in a hunt group?

Thanks again for your assistance with this!

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

How do you forward calls to this remote user from your CME configuration? without a physical device associated with the ephone-dn I can't see how you would expect to forward calls to that user. Can you elaborate how the user is configured.

Thanks
Allan.

Hi Tracy,
I guess that you have a call forward all setup on the ephone-dn that doesn't have a physical phone, right? If so couldn't you add that dn to a line button of another phone, since it's forwarded it wouldn't ring on that phone. But it would of course show up on the phone and be possible to make calls from that DN, and that might not be what you want. To get around this maybe even a dummy ephone that's not a real physical phone might work, tie the ephone-dn to a button on this ephone. Though probably that might not work, since the dummy ephone would always be down.

Overlay the DN on another line button is another thing that springs to mind.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

You've got it exactly right - I think I should be able to add a button on another phone . I'll give that a shot and let you know!

Thanks for the tip.

Ok, I have assigned the ephone-dn to a button on a physical phone. The hunt group configuration now looks like this (which I think is better):

Group 2

type: sequential

pilot number: 1992, peer-tag 20114

list of numbers:

1117, aux-number A1992A0100, # peers 1, logout 0, down 0

[20113     18     0       login      up  ]

1129, aux-number A1992A0101, # peers 1, logout 0, down 0

[20115     30     0       login      up  ]

final number: 1999

preference: 0

preference (sec): 9

timeout: 12, 180

description: Sales Hunt Group

E.164 register: yes

auto logout: no

stat collect: no

number of calls in queue: 0

the user dn configuration is here:

EFXS 50/0/30 Slot is 50, Sub-unit is 0, Port is 30

Type of VoicePort is EFXS

Operation State is DORMANT

Administrative State is UP

No Interface Down Failure

Description is not set

Noise Regeneration is enabled

Non Linear Processing is enabled

Non Linear Mute is disabled

Non Linear Threshold is -21 dB

Music On Hold Threshold is Set to -38 dBm

In Gain is Set to 0 dB

Out Attenuation is Set to 0 dB

Echo Cancellation is enabled

Echo Cancellation NLP mute is disabled

Echo Cancellation NLP threshold is -21 dB

Echo Cancel Coverage is set to 8 ms

Echo Cancel worst case ERL is set to 6 dB

Playout-delay Mode is set to adaptive

Playout-delay Nominal is set to 60 ms

Playout-delay Maximum is set to 250 ms

Playout-delay Minimum mode is set to default, value 40 ms

Playout-delay Fax is set to 300 ms

Connection Mode is normal

Connection Number is not set

Initial Time Out is set to 10 s

Interdigit Time Out is set to 3 s

Call Disconnect Time Out is set to 60 s

Ringing Time Out is set to 10 s

Wait Release Time Out is set to 30 s

Companding Type is u-law

Region Tone is set for US

Station name Cheryl Smith, Station number 1129

However, calls still seem to be bypassing the agent. Does anything look out of place to you?

Thanks

Tracy

Hi,

As I mentioned in my earlier post the first part of the problem is that dial-peer is down as there is no association of ephone-dn to the ephone so it is operational down, and was the initial reason for the agent being ignored. The second aspect that I asked was how you configured calls to route to the external party? If you are using Call forward on the ephone-dn it will be ignored, this is the same for any member of the hunt-group, personal forward settings will simply not work. You could try and configure the final number instead, this depends on what your final number current does.

Regards
Allan.

Thanks Allan for the clarification; one question - is the dial-peer still down now the ephone-dn has been associated with a physical phone (from the hunt configuration, it now appears up and the agent available)? The calls to that extension still are being forwarded to an external phone - I will do a test removing the forward and see what happens.

Again, thank you for all your assistance.

Hi,

Yes, the output of the ephone-hunt does now indicate that the dial-peer status is operational due to it being associated with a device, and the agent is available. However calls to the ephone-hunt pilot will not be forwarded to the external number that ephone-dn is forwarding to. If you remove the call-forward of that ephone-dn you should find that calls to the ephone-hunt pilot route to both agent sequentially.

Where does the current final number go that is specified on the hunt-pilot? Have you tried configuring the final destination as the number of the ephone-dn which is forwarded to the external number? The issue is that if that external number is a mobile for example then all calls will go to that persons vm if the first agent fails to answer and the external agent doesn't answer. Is this acceptable at all hours of the day.

Regards
Allan

Hi Allan,

I think that is the essence of the issue: currently the final number is the general voicemail box for the sales group, as you say changing to the other agent results in the messages ending up in their vm box, which probably is not the best approach. I will put this to the manager of the group to see if a better solution would be to have a separate line associated with this that would be able to go directly to the external agents.

This has been a great learning experience - thanks for walking me through it!

I don't know if it will work, but you might want to look at setting up SIP SNR and SIP hunt group. See more in the below links.

Hunt group
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1145800

SNR
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesnr.html

A SIP hunt group can have both SCCP and SIP lines in it. There seem to be a limitation in SCCP SNR that it won't support hunt groups, but that isn't mentioned for SIP SNR. Might be worth a try. :)

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Response Signature

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey folks,

I just wanted to add my +5 point vote for both Allan & Roger for

their excellent help in this great thread Nice work!

One other note, maybe you could look into setting up the user

with a proper Teleworker solution (VPN & IP communicator) and

you'd be good to go as well.

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Thanks Rob :)

Response Signature

Thanks Rob,

Appreciation is always welcome, keeps us doing what we're doing.

Regards
Allan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: