cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Bug in CUCM 6.1.2

mdoney2e2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am running CUCM 6.1.2.1000-13 and have found that Circular hunt groups dont work, the call goes down the list of extensions and then terminates without returning to the top of the line group.

Also, I have found that pickup from hunt groups doesnt work.

Has anyone else encountered these problems and know a solution / workaround ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

I have not found a bug for the first issue with Circular Hunt (I'll keep looking).For issue number 2 you are hitting this bug CSCsb12946 which prevents this feature from working (still applicable in 6.1) Here is the workaround that will fix this;

Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763 (case sensitive)

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->hunt pilot XXXX -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

From this doc;

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K11612191

1.- Enter

CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support

Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value

CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration. Change the

value to anything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call

Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

CSCsb42763

Call Pickup fails on Hunt List

Issue:

Call pickup fails for hunt list when call is CFA from Route Point in 4.1(2)ES41. This is not the designed functionality for this issue and will break the Call Pickup logic.

Workaround:

Use multiple shared lines & CFNA between each shared line.

Related Bugs

Call Pickup fails when ringing line list member

Symptom: Selecting PickUp or GPickUp does not pickup the call from any of the members of a line group. Condition: CM 4.x Workaround: None. Feature not supported. Further Problem Description: Defect CSCsa66224 may appear to have allowed this feature to work in earlier versions.

Call Pickup from line group member fails after es installed

Symptom: A call is CFNA to a hunt pilot/line group. The call can no longer be picked up. Conditions: Calls CFNA to a hunt pilot. 4.1(2)ES36. Workaround: None

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

I have not found a bug for the first issue with Circular Hunt (I'll keep looking).For issue number 2 you are hitting this bug CSCsb12946 which prevents this feature from working (still applicable in 6.1) Here is the workaround that will fix this;

Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763 (case sensitive)

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->hunt pilot XXXX -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

From this doc;

1.- Enter

CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support

Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value

CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration. Change the

value to anything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call

Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

CSCsb42763

Call Pickup fails on Hunt List

Issue:

Call pickup fails for hunt list when call is CFA from Route Point in 4.1(2)ES41. This is not the designed functionality for this issue and will break the Call Pickup logic.

Workaround:

Use multiple shared lines & CFNA between each shared line.

Related Bugs

Call Pickup fails when ringing line list member

Symptom: Selecting PickUp or GPickUp does not pickup the call from any of the members of a line group. Condition: CM 4.x Workaround: None. Feature not supported. Further Problem Description: Defect CSCsa66224 may appear to have allowed this feature to work in earlier versions.

Call Pickup from line group member fails after es installed

Symptom: A call is CFNA to a hunt pilot/line group. The call can no longer be picked up. Conditions: Calls CFNA to a hunt pilot. 4.1(2)ES36. Workaround: None

Hope this helps!

Rob

Many thanks this fixed the pickup issue.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Firstly is this an upgrade to 6.1.2 from 4.x, the reason for the question is in 4.0.2 is was possible to pickup call from a hunt-group.

However, this was a defect and should not have been possible. The defect was subsequently rectified which result in not being able to pickup call from huntgroup.

There is a workaround to this, and is as follows:-

In order to enable this functionality (Pickup in Hunt Groups) in Cisco CallManager:

Enter CSCsb42763, in mixed case, into the Cisco Support Use 1 Enterprise Parameter under the new Cisco Support use Only group, and click update. Only the CSCsb42763 value in this parameter enables the configuration in step two. Change the value to anything else in order to disable this functionality.

Go to the Hunt Pilot Configuration page, choose a Call Pickup Group from the dropdown list and click update.

Refer to the following TAC URL for further information about this defect:-

Rgds

Allan.

Thank you very much guys, great post.

Can I enter this Enterprise parameter option within a running environment?

Hi, all I can say is it didnt cause any issues for me to apply the enterprise parameter change in a live environment. Still dont know if the circular hunt issue has been fixed though. We ended up switching to top-down.

Regards,

Mark.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: