Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Distinctive ring

PRABAHARAN C
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just want to use different ring for only hunt group calls.  My customers are keep on asking this request, i could find this option in cisco call manager.

I do not want to set different line or different ring tone on phone which may confuse our customer as normal calls arrive.

Please help on this!

Thanks,

Prabaharan

5 Replies 5

I dont think it is possbile, ring tones are assigned to the devices and not to directory numbers, hence you will not be able to assign a custom tone to a Hunt Pilot.

What about as using two extensions in the phone? and the Hunt Group is assigned only for the secondary DN?

Rolando Valenzuela

Actually, you CAN assign a ringtone PER line in a device.

And that's the only way on which you can do this, there's no way to change the ringtone based on where the call is coming from. Even for on-net/off-net calls, all you can change is a slightly different cadence.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Is there any software available which can be used to provide different ringtone? 

You can upload new ring tones to CUCM.

http://atc.go0se.com/?p=252

I know of no 3rd party option to do what you want.

Either do, what you don't want to, to achieve the result they're asking for, or have the operators look at the phone before they answer to notice where the call is coming from.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate