Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group fails to route to the next available member on CCM3.3

almarcabato
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Pilot Point and Hunt Group to work. I followed the System/Admin Guide, however I cannot get it to work the way I am expecting it. I'm using First Available Hunt Group Member algorithm for routing calls. I have 4 DNs (x8001, x80002, x8003, x8004) that are members of my Hunt Group. However when I'm calling the pilot point (x8000), it only rings the first hunt group member x8001 and never route to the next availablem member x8002 when x8001 is not answered. When x8001 is busy/engage, calls to pilot point x8000 routes to x8002 but when x8002 is not answered the same thing happened as the first issue. It never routes to the next available extension. Any help will be much appreciated. I'm using CCM3.3.

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

It is working as design " First Available Hunt Group Member" .

Cisco CUCM routes the call to the first available directory  number. If 1st number is available, the CUCM never checks the next number number.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate Helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for your reply. Is this documented somewhere else in Cisco website. Sorry but I thought it should try the next available DN when their is No Answer on the Hunt Group member DN that is currently ringing. If this is by the design, is it possilbe for the call to roll-over to the next DN when there is No Answer on the current ringing DN?

Almar

Hi Almar,

See belo wlink and refer " Figure 11-1     Pilot Point and Hunt Group Example "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html

It has example with the detailed explaination.  Below is taken from the link ( See the diagram for numbers)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant  Console routes the call to the first available directory number, which  is 1026. Because 1026 is available, the Cisco Unified Communications  Manager Attendant Console never checks the 5060 number.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate all helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for the link. Yup, I understand that. Howerver, is there a way for the call to roll-over to the next DN if there is no answer in the current ringing DN? In this way, it will minimize incoming calls to the Pilot Number left unanswered.

Regards,

Almar

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Almar,

+5 to Ronak for his good work here

This dilemma is addressed in the tech note below;

Once  the call has been released to the first phone (because it is not Busy)  the Hunt Group has no control over the call. In this case you would need  to configure Forward No Answer on phone 1 to phone 2 to continue the  rollover. By design, Hunt refers to Busy phones only;

Have a look at this;

Pilot  point 4001 will route the call to the first available DN. In this case,  assume that 8001 is busy and 8002 is available. The call will be handed  off to 8002 and the phone to which 8002 is assigned should ring.

At  this point the call is no longer under the control of the hunt group.  If the call to 8002 is not answered, it will be lost unless this line  has been configured to Forward on No Answer. As this phone is not  controlled by a Cisco WebAttendant client, the Forward on No Answer  option is allowed.

From this old doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2351/products_tech_note09186a00800945c3.shtml#t2

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Hi,

You guys are great! ...

I can try that out using Call Forward No Answer. But I think this may impact DID/internal calls to the 4 hunt group DNs too with CFNA enabled. Using CFNA I'm thinking of adding private DNs to the 4 phones and add it into the hunt group instead of using each phones DID for the hunt group. I'll test it out and share the result with you guys. Thanks once again for your help!

Regards,

Almar

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Almar,

You are most welcome my friend

I'm sure you are aware of this, but I thought I should highlight

the fact that CCM 3.3 has been "end of life" for some time now.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd805bb0ea.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: