cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group forward to cell phone works but why?

Lee-Roy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

i have following problem.

We have a Team that has a hunt pilot -> hunt list -> line group.
When everybody is in the office they log into the hunt group and get calls that comes through the hunt pilot or if people call theire directory number.

Because corona 3/4 people are in homeoffice and have the offices phones forwarded to their cell phones.
I've read that the hunt pilot ignores the forward settings of a line group member which i can confirmbut only at 2 phones...

Two of them are Cisco IP Phone 7945 and the other two are IP Phone 8841.
On the 7945 works the forwarding thru the hunt pilot without problems but if a call comes thru the hunt pilot to the 8841 the forwarding is ignored and the phone rings.

I have no clue why it works on the 7945 and not on the 8841.
We are running on cucm 11.5.1.12900-21

I Hope you guys can help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, I figured out what it is.
We have a CTI client that we can use for call forwarding. When I set a normal call forwarding, the phone doesn't forward the call to the cell phone if the call comes thru the hung group.
But if I define an absence rule in the CTI Client which also sets the call forwarding then the call from the hunt group will be forwarded to the mobile phone.
I think its strange but im happy that it works.
I am just surprised that the cti client can override the hunt routing of cisco.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is SNR configured for the devices that do ring the mobiles?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jamie,
no we have not configured snr.

Then you'd need to review CUCM traces to confirm the behavior, but I've never seen that happen.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Okay, I figured out what it is.
We have a CTI client that we can use for call forwarding. When I set a normal call forwarding, the phone doesn't forward the call to the cell phone if the call comes thru the hung group.
But if I define an absence rule in the CTI Client which also sets the call forwarding then the call from the hunt group will be forwarded to the mobile phone.
I think its strange but im happy that it works.
I am just surprised that the cti client can override the hunt routing of cisco.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, were you able to get the call forwarding to work on all members in hunt group using CTI client and if so, can you point me in the right direction for setting that up? Thank you Kathy

Oruc Akpinar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

this is buggy behavior. I spend too much time on this problem and finally, TAC confirmed. Probably it will depend on the version.

- This Bug is Call Manager/IOS bug and unfortunately, it has no fixed release to upgrade to, as this is a limitation on the CUCM more than a buggy behavior.
- In this case, the Call Manager is just Working As Designed (WAD).

image002.jpg

Regards
if this helps, please rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: