Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group in CUCM to external phone #s

Jay Matrona
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We are closing a small office that is currently part of our CUCM/VoIP infrastructure.  The support team will work from home and each will order a 2nd line from their telco provider.  What options do I have if the 800# terminates on our CUCM system and I want to have the incoming calls ring on these two outside lines?  If no one picks up can I get the call to bounce back to Unity VM after a certain # of rings?  The CUCM we have is running system version: 6.1.5.11900-13.  Any help is appreciated.  Please let me know what info I can add to help with an answer.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jay

I would try configuring Mobility for this.

If you create a couple of additional DNs and tie each of them to one of your external numbers. You can then add the DN to your hunt list, and as mobility is enabled, it should ring the external number at the same time the internal DN is rung.

As long as you have the mobility timers configured properly, it should pull the call back in the event of the call being unanswered - and allow you to route it to Unity.

Make sense?

HTH. Barry

Hi Barry

Thanks for the info.  It certainly makes sense in theory, I guess I would need more info re: the steps to make this happen, especially regarding the mobility config.

Thanks again

Hi Jay

This should get you on your way

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3682-5-3092/Configuring%2520Cisco%2520Unified%2520Mobility_Posted_12_10_08.pdf

Note that you wouldn't need to configure Mobile Voice Access to do what you want to do.

Basically, you just need to configure Remote Destination Profiles, and assign them to DNs. I haven't done it for a while, but from memory it is pretty straight forward.

HTH. Barry

Your thinking is correct but it will not work with DN`s - only route patterns

Basically create two Remote destination profiles (RDP)for each external number you want to use

Create a DN of your 800# - DN or translation patter pointing to the DN

Assign the two RDP`s to the DN concerned

Now configure the timers on the RDP so the call will return back to CUCM and go to VM - the timer you need to adjust is - Answer too late -10,000 - 300,000 milliseconds- You set this depending on how long you wish to call to ring on your support staff. In addition ensure they do not have any telco VM on their lines.

Thanks for the info and sorry to reply so late to my own post!  Got wrapped up in other stuff. 

As a test, I tried to set up a RDP that would use my cell phone # and associate it to my office DID.  But I am confused on how to set up the RDP and how/where to associate it to my DID.    I am using the CUCM page help but it just is not clear to me how this is configured.  I would appreciate anyone willing to give me some step by step insight.

Thanks