I have 2 remote offices running UCM9.1

Office 1 in UK

extension 3295

extension 3285

Office 2 in U.S

extension 7147443xx1

extension 7147443xx2

the UK office and US office is connected via an inter-cluster trunk -

Both offices can dial each other with no issues.

Hunt pilot number is (714) 744-2000

What management wanted is that when some calls 714-744-2000 hunt pilot number it will ring all extensions

extension 3295

extension 3285

extension 7147443xx1

extension 7147443xx2

Anyone has  any idea if this can be done as this is 2 separate sites and these extensions are not in the same cluster. Some instructions on how to accomplish this will be appreciated.

JayP

3 Replies 3

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi JayP,

You can't create such a hunt group because when you configure a line group in CUCM then you cant see extension of another cluster. But you can achieve this using remote destination profile, please visit below link for such configuration.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/56121/how-get-cell-phones-ring-part-hunt-group

Suresh

Thank you for the link- I followed all the steps and I was able to get the U.S extensions

extension 7147443xx1

extension 7147443xx2

to ring, however I was not able to get the UK extensions to ring when I called the hunt pilot number.

Any idea what may have caused this ?

JayP

I followed all the steps below.

1. Create a dummy DN (need not be associated with any phone) by browsing to Call Routing > Directory Number

2. Create a Line Group (Call Routing > Hunt / Route > Line Group), and assign the dummy DN as a hunt group member. 
    Add other members to the Line Group, as needed.
3. Create a Hunt List (Call Routing > Hunt / Route > Line Group) and associate the Line Group with it
4. Associate this Hunt List with the required Hunt Pilot Number
5. Create Remote Destination Profile (Device > Device Settings > Remote Destination Profile) with its line being
    the dummy DN 
6. Create a Remote Destination (RD) to the cell phone you want the call to be extended to, and associate it with the
    Remote Destination Profile (RDP)
7. Set the Delay Before Ringing timer on RD to be 0, so that the call to the cell phone is extended
    immediately when the Dummy DN is called
8. Make sure that you check the 'Enable Mobility' checkbox for the RDP user (User Management > End Users)
9. Make sure that the SNR call to the cell phone will be successful (Rerouting CSS on RDP determines that)

I would suggest you to recheck the configuration once more or first try to create a SNR configuration for a Extension and Mobile after that you can configure it for hunt group. There is one more good document for it.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/113301/how-configure-snr-remote-destination-cucm-cisco

Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: