Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group in SRST

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a group of phones that register in SRST, the phones DN's do not match the DDI's, as such i want all the external inbound calls to route to all of the phones in a hunt group.

I have created the hunt group and that can be dialed internally however external calls do not connect, snipped of config below;

voice register global
default mode
no allow-hash-in-dn
timeouts interdigit 5
system message Phone is in emergency mode
max-dn 20
max-pool 40
timezone 21
!
voice register pool 1
translation-profile incoming SRST-IN
id network 10.127.174.0 mask 255.255.255.0
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
voice-class codec 1
!
voice hunt-group 20 parallel
list 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009
pilot 6000

voice translation-rule 4
rule 1 /500./ /6000/
rule 2 /^46141./ /6000/

voice translation-profile SRST-IN
translate called 4

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When call arrive to this VG from outside, on a high level it is going to match the dial peers and the registered DN numbers on this gateway. When cucm becomes unreachable then srst will be activated and local DN's will be generated.

Again your DID numbers are not defined as DN and orignal dial-peer pointing to cucm is not working during SRST so no match will be found and call will not established during the SRST

To do a workaround , I would suggest you below steps:

1) most likely you might already tested but if not can you test the translation rules by 'test voice translation rule 4 xxxxx' where xxx xxx represents your DID number and make sure it is translated to 6000.

2) there might be multiple ways to do it, one method which I remember is to make one loopback dial peer with high preference , using same destination pattern which you already have created for dial-peer pointing to cucm and session target of loopback IP of this Router . Apply the translation profile in outbound direction on this dial-peer.

The idea for above loopback dial peer is to avoid conflict with existing configuration which suppose to work fine in normal scenario, loopback dial peer should hit during srst when main dial peer is not working due to unreachable cucm.

Can you share your dial-peer config here so we can re validate?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When call arrive to this VG from outside, on a high level it is going to match the dial peers and the registered DN numbers on this gateway. When cucm becomes unreachable then srst will be activated and local DN's will be generated.

Again your DID numbers are not defined as DN and orignal dial-peer pointing to cucm is not working during SRST so no match will be found and call will not established during the SRST

To do a workaround , I would suggest you below steps:

1) most likely you might already tested but if not can you test the translation rules by 'test voice translation rule 4 xxxxx' where xxx xxx represents your DID number and make sure it is translated to 6000.

2) there might be multiple ways to do it, one method which I remember is to make one loopback dial peer with high preference , using same destination pattern which you already have created for dial-peer pointing to cucm and session target of loopback IP of this Router . Apply the translation profile in outbound direction on this dial-peer.

The idea for above loopback dial peer is to avoid conflict with existing configuration which suppose to work fine in normal scenario, loopback dial peer should hit during srst when main dial peer is not working due to unreachable cucm.

Can you share your dial-peer config here so we can re validate?

I tried adding a dial-peer with the loopback address and get the following error; %CALL_CONTROL-6-CALL_LOOP: The incoming call has a global identifier already present in the list of currently handled calls. It is being refused. Translation Pattern tests and Dial-peers below; SGW02#test voice translation-rule 4 461410 Matched with rule 2 Original number: 461410 Translated number: 6000 Original number type: none Translated number type: none Original number plan: none Translated number plan: none SGW02#test voice translation-rule 4 5000 Matched with rule 1 Original number: 5000 Translated number: 6000 Original number type: none Translated number type: none Original number plan: none Translated number plan: none dial-peer voice 1 pots translation-profile incoming ISDNIN incoming called-number . direct-inward-dial ! dial-peer voice 10 pots description *** Outbound Calls via ISDN *** destination-pattern 0T port 0/1/0:15 forward-digits all ! dial-peer voice 100 voip preference 2 destination-pattern 5... session protocol sipv2 session target ipv4:10.105.44.197 voice-class codec 1 voice-class sip options-keepalive voice-class sip bind control source-interface Loopback0 voice-class sip bind media source-interface Loopback0 dtmf-relay rtp-nte ip qos dscp cs3 signaling no vad ! dial-peer voice 101 voip preference 3 destination-pattern 5... session protocol sipv2 session target ipv4:10.105.44.133 voice-class codec 1 voice-class sip options-keepalive voice-class sip bind control source-interface Loopback0 voice-class sip bind media source-interface Loopback0 dtmf-relay rtp-nte ip qos dscp cs3 signaling no vad

missed your comment on setting the translation-profile outgoing - once i'd done that it works fine - thanks!

Happy to hear that it worked out for you! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: