Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group, list, pilot

juanmacipag
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen,

I basically set up our hunt group, list and pilot, calling the hunt pilot number works but...

I need your humble oppinions and advice to the following:

1. I tried using the same extension 2000 and it rings the phone and after a few rings it goes to the voicemail and does not move to the next hunt pilot number in the hunt numbers. Why does this happen?

2. I assigned a different hunt pilot number i.e 4321 and it works, it hunts all the lines. Now this is not possible espcially when calling from outside lets say from my mobile "4321" of course will not go through. Heres what i need to do forward  the main i.e 2000 line to the users extension i.e  6751, 7152 & etc and mobile numbers, how do i accomplish this using the same main extension and can be reach internally and from outside.

Thanks in advance IT Brothers!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

OK, I understand now, here's the deal. That's expected to happen and if you do that, you can only reach one of those 2000 DNs at any given time, most likely the CSS from whatever phone you're using has the partition from the phone that has the 2000 DN in first place.

There's no way around that, if you want further explanation, review the dial plan chapter of the SRND.

If the same CSS has the partition of both 2000 DNs, the one on top will have priority.

So, you cannot reach both 2000 DNs, it's one or the other.

The hunt pilot needs to be reachable from the PSTN for what you want, you need to assign it a DID.

Yes, mobility will ring a phone from the line group and a mobile at the same time.

If you're not familiar with this, review the features and services guide from CUCM for explanation and configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Hi Sherwin.

With the following example, I try to explain what Rob (+5P Rob) suggested:

You have a directory number on your IP Phone let's say 1000 in partition Internal an you expect that your colleague phones (eg. 1100 and 1200)  would ring if you don't pickup within a predefined number of seconds.

You can do what follows:

Create a partition HUNT_P_PART

Create a CSS CSS_FWD_TO_HG. and add HUNT_P_PART only

Create a line group LG_TEST

Put extension 1100 and 1200 into this Line group.

Create an Hunt List (HL_TEST) and associate the Line Group LG_TEST.

Create an Hunt Pilot 1000 and put it into previously created partition  HUNT_P_PART.

Associate the Hunt List HL_TEST to this Pilot.

Go to your directory number (1000)

Populate the ring no answer internal and external with 1000 and select CSS_FWD_TO_HG as forwarding CSS.

The result should be the following.

-Someone calls 1000, your phone rings till the no answer timeout.

-After the timeout, the call goes through the line group and your colleague phones will ring one by one.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bear in mind no one here knows your config, so, saying you used the same extension and it doesn't work, really doesn't work for us. Where is 2000 the same extension????

"Now this is not possible espcially when calling from outside lets say from my mobile "4321" of course will not go through."

No idea what you mean there.

You can either set the hunt pilot to be a DID, or reach it thru a translation pattern.

As long as the inbound CSS from the GW or the CSS from the phones can dial the hunt pilot, you can reach it.

As for reaching mobiles in a line group, mobility is your only option.

HTH

java

HTH

java

setting up hunt group in general - you create the line group, add the line group to the hunt list and create a hunt pilot - attached the numbers you wish to be included.

The firts attempt i used the same extension to what ever the user has ext. "2000"; when you call "2000" it rings 5x (defined in my config) and goes to the VM and it does not go after the extensions numbers of what is listed in the line group members.

2nd attempt i used a unique number "4321" this is not assigned or used in my CM; I made a call internally meaning inside the network the call went through and it hunts to the line group numbers listed one after the other.

Now of course when you call "4321" from any mobile device it wont go through.

How can i use the same number "2000" that it can be reached either from internal or external and will hunt the numbers listed on the gourp members? Can this be done?

For mobility - i can set it up,  so if someone call "2000" will it ring the mobile numbers at same time?

OK, I understand now, here's the deal. That's expected to happen and if you do that, you can only reach one of those 2000 DNs at any given time, most likely the CSS from whatever phone you're using has the partition from the phone that has the 2000 DN in first place.

There's no way around that, if you want further explanation, review the dial plan chapter of the SRND.

If the same CSS has the partition of both 2000 DNs, the one on top will have priority.

So, you cannot reach both 2000 DNs, it's one or the other.

The hunt pilot needs to be reachable from the PSTN for what you want, you need to assign it a DID.

Yes, mobility will ring a phone from the line group and a mobile at the same time.

If you're not familiar with this, review the features and services guide from CUCM for explanation and configuration.

HTH

java

HTH

java

this brings me to another question, can I use a valid and existing extension number, let say i set up a hunt pilot group and use my own extension as the hunt piliot # 5421. So if someone calls ext. 5000 and i dont pick it goes to the next hunt list number, and if the 2nd hunt list # doest not pick goes to the next and so on.

Config - CUCM 8.6 : Phone 7965

i just tried setting up test hunt group and used my own ext number as the hunt pilot# and my deskphone just ring and did not go through hunting lines, why did this happened?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sherwin,

On your last set of tests, did you set the Forward No Answer

on your phone to the "Shared" Hunt Pilot DID with the appropriate

Calling Search Space??

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

Hi Sherwin.

With the following example, I try to explain what Rob (+5P Rob) suggested:

You have a directory number on your IP Phone let's say 1000 in partition Internal an you expect that your colleague phones (eg. 1100 and 1200)  would ring if you don't pickup within a predefined number of seconds.

You can do what follows:

Create a partition HUNT_P_PART

Create a CSS CSS_FWD_TO_HG. and add HUNT_P_PART only

Create a line group LG_TEST

Put extension 1100 and 1200 into this Line group.

Create an Hunt List (HL_TEST) and associate the Line Group LG_TEST.

Create an Hunt Pilot 1000 and put it into previously created partition  HUNT_P_PART.

Associate the Hunt List HL_TEST to this Pilot.

Go to your directory number (1000)

Populate the ring no answer internal and external with 1000 and select CSS_FWD_TO_HG as forwarding CSS.

The result should be the following.

-Someone calls 1000, your phone rings till the no answer timeout.

-After the timeout, the call goes through the line group and your colleague phones will ring one by one.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Great answer here my friend! This type of well thought out

response is always highly appreciated +5 all day long!

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

Thanks Carlo, ill try it today and keep the thread posted.

Carlo you are the man, it works +5 to you!

Cheers!

Glad to help Sherwin :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: