Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group made of CTI Port to handle call queues

Hi to all,

I have a question regarding call queue handling using CUCM v 8.5.

I'm a software developer and  I have to develop a custom Call Control Systrem based on queues.

I know I can use CTI Route Points to redirect incoming calls to CTI Ports (I need the first free CTI Port), but I have tested the following   CUCM Configuration:

-  a Line Group made of DN attested on  CTI Ports controlled by my application.

- a Hunt list that contains the above LG

- a Hunt Pilot that contains tha above HL with number 7000 that is the queue number to call.

I made some test, and the incoming calls were routed to the CTI Ports correctly.

So, this configuration achieves the goal I have to implement as well as the configuration with CTI Route Points, but CUCM experts told me that this is a wrong way to do my job because nobody has ever done so and should not have to work...

Why this configuration is wrong ?

Thank you in advance ,

Stefania.

2 Replies 2

shquresh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Not sure how you add the CTI port to line may be you are using the share line with the DN but as far as CUCM 8.X SRND is concern Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) ports and CTI route points cannot be added within a line group.

You might be able to use it with the share line scenario but it is something which is not been tested and hence not supported by cisco.

Hope it help

Thanks

Shahrukh

I didn't use shared line. I added DN associated anly to CTI Port, directly to Line group.

Thank you for the response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: