Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group not....hunting....

Michael Ricci
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have the following setup.

I have an 800 number that sends all calls to CVP, which is acting as an auto-attendant. When the user presses "0", the call is sent to a hunt pilot I configured.

Phone 1 - 8260001

Phone 2 - 8260002

Phone 3 - 8260003

Phone 4 - 8260004

Voicemail - 8269950

The line group originally had all four numbers in it. These phones are configured in ICM and the way it is SUPPOSED to work is so that it rings each phone, one at a time. If no one picks up, it it sent to the group voicemail.

The way it is "working" though is that it will try to ring each phone sequentially, but if the agent that the hunt group is forwarding to is not logged in, it would go straight to voicemail. To complicate matters even more, CVP will pull the call back and play MOH if the RNA is equal to or greater than 16. This is a variable I CAN NOT change.

Because of this though, as soon as 16 seconds passes, CVP will pull the call back even if it starts ringing the next phone in the hunt group.

I've tried to sidestep this issue by adding each phone to its own Line Group, Hunt List, and Hunt Pilot. The "RNA Reversion Timeout" on the Line Group is 15 seconds, and the "Max Hunt Timer" on the first Hunt Pilot is 12. The call always will ring the first phone fine, but after no answer, the call will be send back to the CVP script which plays MOH (Remember the CVP RNA is 16 seconds). The call will not be forwarded to the "Forward Hunt No Answer" or "Forward Hunt Busy" destination. I have verified that the CSS and partitions are setup correctly.

The setting are as such:

Line Group Name: HG_8260001

RNA Reversion Timeout: 15

Distribution Algorithm: Top Down

No Answer: Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List

Busy: Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List

Not Available: Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List

Current Line Group Members:

Selected DN: Route Partition: 8260001/ Partition

Hunt List:

Name: HL_8260001

Selected Groups: HG_8260001

(The other Line Groups and Hunt Lists are set up with the same variables, other than the phone number)

Hunt Pilot: 8269901

Hunt List: HL_8260001

Forward Hunt No Answer: (Use Personal Preferences: Unchecked) Destination: 8269902

Forward Hunt Busy: (Use Personal Preferences: Unchecked) Destination: 8269902

Max Hunt Timer: 12

Hunt Pilot: 8269902

Hunt List: HL_8260002

Forward Hunt No Answer: (Use Personal Preferences: Unchecked) Destination: 8269903

Forward Hunt Busy: (Use Personal Preferences: Unchecked) Destination: 8269903

Hunt Pilot: 8269903

Hunt List: HL_8260003

Forward Hunt No Answer: (Use Personal Preferences: Unchecked) Destination: 8269904

Forward Hunt Busy: (Use Personal Preferences: Unchecked) Destination: 8269904

Hunt Pilot: 8269904

Hunt List: HL_8260004

Forward Hunt No Answer: (Use Personal Preferences: Unchecked) Destination: 8269950

Forward Hunt Busy: (Use Personal Preferences: Unchecked) Destination: 8269950

The agents are supposed to have a seperate line for receieving Auto Attendent calls, but I noticed that in this case they do not. The other phones in this node that are working have an actual value for the "No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)", I'm wondering if that needs to be set on the phone for this to works.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

I'd like to get this working the way it originally was supposed to be; that is, by have all four phones in the same line group.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

There should be no reason why this won't work, so we just need

to try a few things here (hopefully )

The Forward No Answer settings on the individual lines won't come into

play on calls that route via a Hunt/line setup so we should be able to

ignore that.

The RNA reversion is going to be looking for secondary line group members

or line groups, and seeing that there are no other members

we could use "try next group"

We'll need to route from CVP to the Hunt Pilot @ 8260001 and then onto the

Hunt group Line group config

Line Group Name: HG_8260001

RNA Reversion Timeout: 6

Distribution Algorithm: Top Down

No Answer:  try next group in Hunt List

Busy: try next group in Hunt List

Not Available: try next group in Hunt List

Current Line Group Members:

Selected DN: Route Partition: 8260001/ Partition

Hunt List:

Name: HL_8260001

Selected Groups: HG_8260001

add HG_8269901

HG_8269902

HG_8269903

HG_8269904

Let's see if that changes anything.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

Rob,

I appreciate your input, unfortunetly that did not work either. After the first phone was hunted, the call was sent to MOH land.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: