Views
Helpful
Replies

hunt group or call hunt

snahosany
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Currently i am using CUCM BE 8 and have a specific requirement for hunt group. I would need help:

Hunting must work this way:

for e.g. my extension is 1201 and 1202 and 1203 are two other persons within my department. If somebody calls me on 1201 and i do not answer within x rings it goes to 1202 and then to 1203 and then must go to operator.

I am having a pain to have that configured since in that scenario i cannot use hunt pilot.

thanks to help or to advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Now I better understand your call flow.

1201 should have CFNA to 2000

1202 should have CFNA to 2001

1203 should have CFNA to 2002

2000 is a Hunt Pilot number HP1 which point a Hunt list HL1 which contains a Line Group LG1.

LG1 contains 1202 and 1203. The Hunt pilot HFNA (Forward No Answer) and HFB (Hunt forward busy) are configured with the operator DN.

2001 is a Hunt Pilot number HP2 which point a Hunt list HL2 which contains a Line Group LG2.

LG2 contains 1201 and 1203. The Hunt pilot HFNA (Forward No Answer) and HFB (Hunt forward busy) are configured with the operator DN.

2002 is a Hunt Pilot number HP3 which point a Hunt list HL3 which contains a Line Group LG3.

LG3 contains 1201 and 1202. The Hunt pilot HFNA (Forward No Answer) and HFB (Hunt forward busy) are configured with the operator DN.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you cannot use line groups then you can use CFNA on each phone and just direct it to the next hop in your call flow.

Not sure why you mention you cannot use line groups, you could even use the CF no coverage in the end to send them to the operator.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why don't you set the CFNA (call forward no answer) of 1201 to be 2000 and 2000 is the hunt pilot number which contains 1202 and 1203 in a line group and the hunt forward no answer to the operator.

Pierre.

Hello

And if a call comes on 1202?

In the scenario I proposed, if a direct call hits 1202, 1202 will answer the call and if 1202 doesn't answer the call, the call will be redirected to 1202 CFNA settings.

Pierre.

Hello

So CNFA settings for 1202 will have to go on a hunt pilot (2001 for e.g?) or same 2000, if 2001 which contains 1201 and 1203 in a line group, and similar for 1203, am i correct?

Now I better understand your call flow.

1201 should have CFNA to 2000

1202 should have CFNA to 2001

1203 should have CFNA to 2002

2000 is a Hunt Pilot number HP1 which point a Hunt list HL1 which contains a Line Group LG1.

LG1 contains 1202 and 1203. The Hunt pilot HFNA (Forward No Answer) and HFB (Hunt forward busy) are configured with the operator DN.

2001 is a Hunt Pilot number HP2 which point a Hunt list HL2 which contains a Line Group LG2.

LG2 contains 1201 and 1203. The Hunt pilot HFNA (Forward No Answer) and HFB (Hunt forward busy) are configured with the operator DN.

2002 is a Hunt Pilot number HP3 which point a Hunt list HL3 which contains a Line Group LG3.

LG3 contains 1201 and 1202. The Hunt pilot HFNA (Forward No Answer) and HFB (Hunt forward busy) are configured with the operator DN.

Dear Phoogen

It works the way you mentioned, but there is another requirement that i can't figure out. Client wants when company from outside dials one of the numbers in the hunt group, the timer to shift from one member to another is 12 secs when people calling from inside then this has to be set to 25 secs.

Can anybody help? now i am really stuck.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You can leverage the great answer from Pierre (+5 "P")

Create 3 more Hunt Pilots, Hunt Groups and Line Groups 3000,3001&3002

3000 is a Hunt Pilot number HP1a which point a Hunt list HL1a which contains a Line Group LG1a.

3001 is a Hunt Pilot number HP2a which point a Hunt list HL2a which contains a Line Group LG2a.

3002 is a Hunt Pilot number HP3a which point a Hunt list HL3a which contains a Line Group LG3a.

Under Line Group 1a, 2a and 3a use this setting to change the amount of time/rings to

25 seconds;

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds change to 25)

So External Calls route via;

1201 should have CFNA External to 2000

1202 should have CFNA External to 2001

1203 should have CFNA External to 2002

And Internal Calls route via;

1201 should have CFNA Internal to 3000

1202 should have CFNA Internal to 3001

1203 should have CFNA Internal to 3002

Cheers!

Rob

Dear Rob

Actually it doesnt work 100 % as suggested by pierre. This is what i did and it works great:

1201 CFNA is set to 12 secs and then this is forwarded to hunt group 2000 who has line group 1201, 1202 and 1203. The distribution algorithm is set to longest idle time, so it doesnt come back to ring on 1201. Hunt forward no answer is forwarded to operator. Similar is configured for 1202 and 1203.

This is tested and it works fine.

How do I now make hunting from one memeber in the line group to another for external call to be 25 secs?

Rob in the solution above, when someone calls the 1201 for the first time suppose it be an external call, i have only one field to specify the duration in seconds for the number of rings isnt it, if it specifies 12 secs, it will call forward to 2000 or 3000 based on what type of call it is, but it will call fwd based on 12 secs if this is the value specified under 1201.

Can you please help?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

The "Forward No Answer Timer" will not come into play on calls

that route via the Hunt Pilot try this setting instead

This will be changed on Line Group 1a,2a and 3a not on the DN config page

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds)

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob

Still very confused.

So when a calls come onto 1201, the CFNA Internal goes to Hunt group 2000, right?

AND

CFNA settings External goes to Hunt group 3000, right?

Similar for other ones in the flow.

As i mentioned above, i have done the settings as below and it works fine for internal calls with 12 secs:

1201 CFNA Internal set to 2000 with Maximum ring duration on the line to be 12 secs, and RNA revision time out to be 12 secs in the hunt group. As mentioned i did not fully adopt what pierre mentioned as the current one that i configured worked.

Now you mentioned that 1201 CFNA Internal Settings to go to 3000(has RNA timeout to be 25 secs) and CFNA internal to 2000.

What would happen when an external call hit 1201? it has to be forwarded to hunt group 3000, right? which timer does it take? I think it takes the time on the line which is 12 secs, then when it goes to hunt group 3000, from there it will have 25 secs for each member, am i right?

If this is the case then still i have the issue that when the first call comes onto 1201, i will have the issue that it goes to another member in 12 secs only?

Confused.....

Please help.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Yes, sorry.....you are most correct

The different time (in seconds) between the Internal and External

calls will only be applied once the call has FNA'd to the Hunt/Line group

the initial FNA will always be 12 seconds. There is no work around for that.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi rob

Thanks. This requirement comes from a company that has an old PABX nortel system, and cucm is new.... It is a pity that they didn't accomodate that....

Any other help, can't we try using something else?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: