Views
Helpful
Replies

hunt-group or Shared line

Dongseoplee5870
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i'm setting up Cisco 8811 for Executive(1234) and one Office assistant(1235) using SIP, CME.

Their requirement is quite simple. They want ring both phone when the phone call goes to 1234 and of course, OA has their own number as well

i'm not a cisco qualified engineer so have looked for many documents and could succeed in setting up hunt-group parallel.

However as you all know, pilot can't be in the list group and even can't get forwared call.

Much appreciated if someone can help on this.

3 Replies 3

marcfuhrmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We found that shared lines have advantages - You have a separate call list with missed calls. So, you can see if a missed call has been placed to your extension directly, or to the shared line. Also, you can place outgoing calls from the shared line to "hide" your extension.

If you have multiple codecs towards your phone, you should use CME Version 12.2 and above as these support "voice class codec" on shared lines.

voice register dn 12
  number 1234
  pickup-call any-group
  pickup-group 1

shared-line
  name Sir Miles Messervy
  label Executive
!
voice register dn 13
  number 1235
  pickup-call any-group
  pickup-group 1
  name Eve Moneypenny
  label Office Assistant
!

voice register pool 6
 busy-trigger-per-button 2
  id mac B000.B4BF.XXXX (OA Phone)
  type 8811
  number 1 dn 13
  number 2 dn 12
  codec g711ulaw

!

voice register pool 7
  busy-trigger-per-button 2
  id mac B000.B4BF.XXXX (Executive Phone)
  type 8811
  number 1 dn 12
  codec g711ulaw

telephony-service

call-park system application (For pick-up)

After that:

voice register global

no create profile

create profile

restart

If both are located close to each other and can here each other's phone ring, they can also use the pick-up button with this configuration.

Hope this helps.

Marc

Hi 

Thanks for the answering question.

i coudld set-up the both phone ring together.

However i found an issue..

The issue is whoever after had have a call(only Outbound), it automatically changed to Forwarded to the person who had call with.

F.O.E)

When 2520 or 2562 called to A and finished the call, every call to 2520 or 2562 forwarded to A(The last person who has call to 2520).

This is very strange and couldn’t find any technical document.

If I don’t put shared-line command, the issue is not detected but we are not able to use the function we want to.

Tanner Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

I would recommend the Shared Line option. Allows the assistant to see if your exec is on a call and listen to their voicemails if required (and the VM PIN is known). Much easier to maintain Shared Lines over Hunt-Groups as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: