Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group type Set up with outside ext numbers ie Cell phones

david.sickle
Level 1
Level 1

Using CUCM 9.1

Is there a quick and easy way to create a hunt group type set up using outside (cell phone numbers)?

The scenario will be one (person who will be ON Call) using an internal DID that is forwarded to to a cell phone of the oncall person that particular week.  If no answer it would forward to the next line group of 4 members and also try their cell phones.  After this it would simply repeat the entire process.  So far it looks like a solution may be possible with single line reach perhaps?

Any insight would be grealy appreciated.

Dave

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I set up something like this on CUCM 8.0 a couple of years ago.

I used the Mobile Connect feature as you suggest and it worked ok after some playing about with the timers.

The main problem was that there was no way for the remote users to log out of the hunt group. They could disable Mobile Connect using the IVR but the calls would still ring on their deskphones - if you log out of the phones (i.e. Extension Mobility) before leaving the office this problem should not occur.

The other issue was how long calls took to connect especially if a couple of people in the group did not answer. We actually recorded a message asking callers to be patient that was played when the call was first received (we were using UCCX to do the IVR and call transfer).

Hope this is of use.

View solution in original post

Or you can configure the schedule for the remote destinations, but you forcefully need SNR for your scenario

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I set up something like this on CUCM 8.0 a couple of years ago.

I used the Mobile Connect feature as you suggest and it worked ok after some playing about with the timers.

The main problem was that there was no way for the remote users to log out of the hunt group. They could disable Mobile Connect using the IVR but the calls would still ring on their deskphones - if you log out of the phones (i.e. Extension Mobility) before leaving the office this problem should not occur.

The other issue was how long calls took to connect especially if a couple of people in the group did not answer. We actually recorded a message asking callers to be patient that was played when the call was first received (we were using UCCX to do the IVR and call transfer).

Hope this is of use.

Or you can configure the schedule for the remote destinations, but you forcefully need SNR for your scenario

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

david.sickle
Level 1
Level 1

Ok guys I've got the round robin effect I wanted with SNR and its working well.  Thanks for the input!  Now it just leaves my last problem of selectively or dynamically changing the order of the ringing for who is actually on call that week.  Right now I'm changing the line group order

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: