Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group users can not see calls on hold

davisjaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Quick issue I am running into.  I set up a hunt group yesterday for a small clinic and rather than having the same DN on every phone I simply created a hunt group as they wanted some phones to start ringing after other phones had started ringing.

I set it up putting line group one on a 10 second delay then it switching to line group 2 which includes all the phones from LG1 and LG2.

The problem they are encountering, and were before I set this up, is that when a call is received a placed on hold, only the phone that actually placed the call on hold can see it.  

This can be a problem as other phone operators are available and could pick up the phone calls if they could see it.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Note - As a side issue, something that also happened after it all started working was that some of the phones stopped ringing completely even though they were logged into the hunt group.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Working As Designed

Directed call park is a whole different feature, you can go through the documentation guides to understand how it works, in a nutshell, instead of using a random call park slot, you transfer the call to the directed call park number, and use a prefix to retrieve it, and you can configure those in the phones to see the status of that slot.

If you want them to simply put the call on hold, and have someone else pick it, you need a shared line.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's WAD, if you want other phones to be able to see the call status and notice it's on hold and pick it up, you need shared lines, if you don't want shared lines, they'll need to use something like directed call park and configure that on their phones to see a call is parked and pick it up.

HTH

java

What is "WAD"?

So with the hunt group, I could set up another DN to hold directed call parks, they answer and put their calls on hold on another DN that all devices have in order to see those calls on hold?

Otherwise I'm stuck without the hunt group and just having the main DN on all phones?

Working As Designed

Directed call park is a whole different feature, you can go through the documentation guides to understand how it works, in a nutshell, instead of using a random call park slot, you transfer the call to the directed call park number, and use a prefix to retrieve it, and you can configure those in the phones to see the status of that slot.

If you want them to simply put the call on hold, and have someone else pick it, you need a shared line.

HTH

java

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

As per the document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmsys/accm-802-cm/a03dn.html

"Most devices with a shared-line appearance can make or receive new calls or resume held calls at the same time. Incoming calls display on all devices that share a line, and anyone can answer the call. Only one call remains active at a time on a device"

"When Cisco Unified IP Phone User 1 dials directory number 2000 for the first call, all three devices ring. The user for Cisco Unified IP Phone 3 picks up the call, and Cisco Unified IP Phones 1 and 2 go to remote in use. When the user for Cisco Unified IP Phone 3 puts the call on hold, user can retrieve the call from Cisco Unified IP Phone 1 or Cisco Unified IP Phone 2."

Other phones in the hunt group cannot see the call being put on hold by a phone if they have different DN configured or if phones have the same number configured but are in different partition.

HTH

~Amit

So here is the problem, with a hunt pilot, you can not assign that number to phones directly as DN's.  You can assign devices to the hunt group, but once the hunt pilot number is set, it can not be set as a DN.  So the problem starts when calls come in on that hunt pilot number and is then placed on hold.  The other phones in the hunt group can not see the call on hold.  Even if they phones shared a different DN, it wouldn't matter because that DN is not holding the call, the hunt pilot number is.

So I was looking for a way to get the hunt group to show all devices that a call is on hold.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: