Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt List Issues

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I am having an issue with a hunt list.  There were no problems reported on CM 7.1 but after an upgrade to CM 9.1 users are complaining about getting a quick double-ring when no one from the hunt list answers and the call is getting routed to voicemail.  The users were instructed many years ago to both log out of the hunt group and forward their hunt list extension to voicemail.  Seems like forwarding an extension from within the hunt list to voicemail would cause some issues. 

Anyone have any insight on this?  Replies rated and appreciated.

Thanks in advance!                  

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Is Call Queuing set on the Hunt Pilot? It almost sounds like it

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_01000.html

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

Hello Rob,

(I know I'm in good hands now)  Call Queing is not set on the hunt pilots.  Any feedbok on agents forwarding their hunt list DN to voicemail instead of letting the system handle that?

Thanks!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Here's my 2 cent$

You have to keep in mind that a call that has routed via the Hunt   Pilot will always ignore the CFWD Settings on Hunt Group/Line Group  Member phones.  The normal way to control this then is via the Hunt  Group Logout of  member phones combined with the Hunt Pilot level  forward settings.

The   following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt   member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. 

Hunting and Call Forwarding

The   concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting  allows  Cisco Unified Communications Manager to extend a call to one or  more  lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order  that  is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a  hunt  party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy,  hunting  resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies  depending  on the current hunt algorithm.)

***Hunting  thus ignores the Call  Forward No Answer (CFNA), Call Forward Busy  (CFB), or Call Forward All  (CFA) settings for the attempted party (Line  Group member Phones).***

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1078922

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

Thanks Rob!

So I am wondering is the short double ring to all hunt group memeber's is actually a bug.  If they are fast enough and pick up the call they actually are connected to the caller.  If they don't pick up the call the caller continues on to voicemail.  There has to be some reason/bug/programming for the ring back that is generally too short to answer.  Any ideas?

Are they also in the same pickup group?  You may have "

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: