Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Dial-Peer issue...

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all,

All of a sudden when the router creates it's automatic dial-peer for a hunt pilot, it is adding the "$" at the end.

Because of this, the default "dial-peer hunt 0" does not work the way I want it as it is explicitly matching my hunt pilot for SRST instead of matching my other dial-peers which forward calls onto CUCM.

This never used to happen however this is now failing on a later IOS. Was there a change somewhere along IOS updates that would see this no longer working?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What IOS are you currently using? Yes, there are changes that happen on newer IOS. Not sure if this affected the behavior.

But you can do this to solve the problem:

1. Configure a lower preference on the SRST hunt pilot dial-peer, or leave it as preference 0

2. Configure a higher preference on the CUCM dial-peers, preference 1 - 10.

3. Configure the hunting algorithm to 2

dial-peer hunt 2

2 - Explicit preference, longest match in phone number, random selection.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What IOS are you currently using? Yes, there are changes that happen on newer IOS. Not sure if this affected the behavior.

But you can do this to solve the problem:

1. Configure a lower preference on the SRST hunt pilot dial-peer, or leave it as preference 0

2. Configure a higher preference on the CUCM dial-peers, preference 1 - 10.

3. Configure the hunting algorithm to 2

dial-peer hunt 2

2 - Explicit preference, longest match in phone number, random selection.

Hi Sreekanth,

Yes, that is what I did initially to mitigate the issue. All I know is the change must have occurred between IOS "15.1(4)M5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)" & "15.5(2)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)".

Not sure how to find what version it changed as I always like to red up on the changes and why etc...