Replies

Hunt-pilot - Forward Hunt No Answer

semyon.taskin
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

The following call logic:

1. Call comes into Hunt-pilot (111)

2 .Call hits hunt-list with 3 line-groups. (ringing 20 seconds on first one, then 15 seconds on second one, 180 seconds last one)

3. When hitting last line group (only 1 DN 101 is a member) the requrements is that if number is busy call should be transferred back to 111. If no one picks up the call it should ring out.

Forward Hunt No Answer under hunt-pilot is set to 111 with relevant css.

I have changed T.301 timer to 60  seconds.

At the moment when call is busy the call gets transferred to 111 which is great, however, when DN 101 rings out it still goes to 111 after 60 seconds.

I would expect T.301 timer to drop the call before reaching the limit for 3rd line group (25+15+3rd line group), thus not touching FHNA option.

Please advise if anyone can help gents.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Arun Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hunt Pilot DN is 111

Forward Hunt No Answer under hunt-pilot is set to 111 with relevant css.  - can you please explain a bit more about this?

Hi Arun,

This is set under hunt pilot. Basically it forces hunt logic to extend the call to the destination specified if hunt call logic deems calls as unanswered. In this cases it sends the call to the beginning of the hunt logic again.

Thats fine. I would say that its an infinite loop . FHNA is spupposed to configure for VM after certain number of hunting through hunt group members.

It may be droping the call from hunting after 60 sec but you wont be able to figure it out since it is again forwarded to the same hunt pilot number !

Whats the configuration , if the last line group is busy?

I want to have infinite loop is last line group in the hunt list is busy, but if it doesnt answer I want it to ring out.

If busy I set it to stop hunting, or I can do try next member/next group

Remove the timer value from hunt Pilot

On last line group - If busy I set it to ' try next member/next group' - change the  Distribution Algorithm to circular/ top down

As per Cisco

Maximum Hunt Timer :

" a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting. Valid values specify 1 to 3600. The default value specifies 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

This timer cancels if either a hunt member answers the call or if the hunt list gets exhausted before the timer expires. If you do not specify a value for this timer, hunting continues until a hunt member answers or hunting exhausts. If neither event takes place, hunting continues for 30 minutes, after which the call gets taken for final treatment.

Note : If hunting exceeds the number of hops that the Forward Maximum Hop Count service parameter specifies, hunting expires before the 30-minute maximum hunt timer value, and the caller receives a reorder tone.

In addition, Cisco Unified CM only uses the configuration for the Maximum Hunt Timer setting if you configure the Hunt Forward settings in the Hunt Pilot Configuration window.

Tried both mate, also dont have the timer on the pilot.

I think you forget to read this.

#Note : If hunting exceeds the number of hops that the Forward Maximum Hop Count service parameter specifies, hunting expires before the 30-minute maximum hunt timer value, and the caller receives a reorder tone.

This is a service parameter in Callmanager - MAx hop is set to 12 -Default

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: