cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Forward No Answer to Non-Unity Voicemail over SIP Trunk

Lando.Griffin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to setup a Hunt Pilot so that if there is no answer the calls will forward to a DN. If no one answers the DN, the calls will go to the voicemail box for that DN (as per the settings on the DN page). The tricky part is that we have two voicemail systems in use- Unity and a third party server that is accessed over a SIP Trunk (a voicemail pilot number is configured and applied to DNs- the pilot number points to a route pattern to send the call over the SIP trunk). For this situation, the DN is using the third party application.

Here's the odd thing: I can set this all up and if no one answers the call to the Hunt Pilot, it does indeed forward to extension 100, however, when it goes to the voicemail for that DN it dials the Unity pilot number (completely ignoring the configured third party voicemail system) and Unity says "The Operator is not Available". I can promise you, there's no voicemail setting for the Hunt Pilot or the DN that could get these calls to Unity, and yet, the Hunt Pilot is somehow ignoring the settings and defaulting to Unity. 

Otherwise, the third party voicemail app works fine and has for years. Does anyone know if a Hunt Pilot is not able to forward calls over a SIP trunk? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, Brandon. A member of another forum, Joshua Baker, actually found the answer. Here is his comment on this issue:

"From what I remember since the HP is the original redirecting number, it will use the systems default VMP (I assume its unity) even if you're forwarding it to another DN with a different VMP. Can you put a CTI RP in front of the hunt pilot and assign the VMP on the line and then just CFA it all to the HP?  E.G. HP = 1000, move 1000 to CTI RP w/ VMP and CFA it back to the HP using like 1001 as the HP? May also work if you assign that DN that has the 3rd party profile to a CTI RP that the HP forwards to on no answer."

I tried his first suggestion, of using a CTI with a DN using the 3rd-party voicemail profile, and forwarding all calls to the Hunt Pilot. After a call is not answered, it then goes to my HP forwarded number and hits the 3rd party voicemail server (as defined on the CTI VMP). 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

DN 100 is a member of the line group configured with this hunt pilot/hunt list? Hunt groups do not honor the forward settings of line group members. What are the Forward Hunt No Answer/Busy settings for the hunt pilot?

Brandon

Thanks, Brandon. Extension 100 is indeed a member of the line group. However, I tried forwarding to an extension that is not a member of the line group and had the same results. My Hunt Pilot settings are attached.

If you call 7200 directly does it work properly? Does the CSS assigned here have access to call this number?

Brandon

Yes, if I call 7200 directly and no one answers, it goes to the 3rd-party voicemail system correctly.

The CSS shown there can reach the Partition holding DN 7200, as well as the Partition holding the Route Pattern number for the 3rd-party voicemail system (which has a matching voicemail pilot number which is assigned to the DN as part of a voicemail profile). In addition, the CSS shown there does NOT have access to the Partition holding extension 9000 (the Unity Pilot number), and yet, that is what the calling phone is dialing at the end after forwarding to voicemail from extension 7200. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills just describing it here. 

Use DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) located in CUCM Serviceability > Tools > DNA to map the call. Also, attach screenshots of all hunt pilots/DNs involved.

Brandon

I've attached several screenshots and some information on the CSS members. Thanks

What did DNA show?

Thanks, Brandon. A member of another forum, Joshua Baker, actually found the answer. Here is his comment on this issue:

"From what I remember since the HP is the original redirecting number, it will use the systems default VMP (I assume its unity) even if you're forwarding it to another DN with a different VMP. Can you put a CTI RP in front of the hunt pilot and assign the VMP on the line and then just CFA it all to the HP?  E.G. HP = 1000, move 1000 to CTI RP w/ VMP and CFA it back to the HP using like 1001 as the HP? May also work if you assign that DN that has the 3rd party profile to a CTI RP that the HP forwards to on no answer."

I tried his first suggestion, of using a CTI with a DN using the 3rd-party voicemail profile, and forwarding all calls to the Hunt Pilot. After a call is not answered, it then goes to my HP forwarded number and hits the 3rd party voicemail server (as defined on the CTI VMP). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: