Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot forwarding to another extensions voicemail

I have a requirement from a customer who wants to call forward on no answer/busy from a hunt pilot to an extension and if not answered to hear the voicemail message for that extension. Currently dialing the hunt pilot you hear the generic cisco voice message when the extension forwards to voicemail. I have tried using the alternate ext without success.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I am not sure whats going on but this is how it should work and I have tested it now and it works for me..

Hunt Pilot --> HUnt No Answer--> Extension --> No Answer Voicemail

The first redirecting number here is the hunt pilot, hence unity will see the extension of the hunt pilot.  As discussed earlier of you have configured a routing rule or alternate extension with the hunt pilot as the fwding station or alternate extension on the subscriber then it should work. I have tested both and it worked.

You need to check what cucm is sending to unity as the forwarding number..You can use RTMT to do this. D you know how to use it?

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So yr call comes in

Hunt Pilot --> HUnt No Answer--> Extension --> No Answer Voicemail.

So this is default behavior that it will play the vm for the hunt pilot not the voicemail for the extension.

You can set a call routing rule--> Forward Routing Rule to match the condition of the flow and route it to the vm of the appropriate extension.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for input nikshah - I setup forwarding rule with the dialled number ( also tried with forwarding number ) set to the hunt pilot and am sending the call to the extension mailbox but still getting the generic cisco greeting - am i missing something ?

Hi,

You need to do this ( I assume you are using unity or unity connection)

1. Call routing rules>forwarded routing rules

2. Add a new rule> give it a name

3.Add a new routing rule condition as follows: Forwarding station=hunt pilot extension. Save it.

4 Go back to the routing rule and scroll to "send call to" Select user with Mailbox (fromt the drop down menu, choose the user) and underneath select the radio button "go directly to greetings"

Test again..

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Thanks this worked like a charm

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Try just adding the hunt pilot as an alternate extension to the subscriber and check the settings on the hunt pilot to make sure they are set to go to vm and the timer is set appropriately.

Tracy

+5 point to Tracy! Thats another way to do it..

Please rate useful posts

Not that anything has been solved for "Service Delivery" but I have another question on the same lines as beginning of this thread.

Is there a way to dynamically do what he is asking? Example: we have 4 extensions all of which will ring the same hunt pilot if their call goes answered. I havent tested this yet but will the call, when it is sent to unity, carry along with it the extension of the originall called party or will unity see the hunt pilot when presented with the call? Since you can only put the hunt pilot as an alternate extension on one subscriber, is there a way to tell the system to carry the original called extension to unity instead of carrying the hunt pilots extension to unity?

The default behaviour of unity or unity connection is to use "first redirecting number" So yes it will carry the original called extension.

Please rate useful posts

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tracy,

On the Hunt Pilot checkbox under the Hunt Forward settings area, check "use personal preference" this

will route calls from the 4 individual DN's to their proper mailboxes if you use that setting in conjunction

with the Call Forward No Coverage (to VM) setting on the individual DN's.

On the Hunt Pilot leave the forward no answer/busy set to go to the VM Pilot #.

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Rob I even tried this now without the use personal preference and it still routed to the original called extension. I am on Unity connection 8.6. Not sure if this behaviour is the same on older versions

Please rate useful posts

Thanks for the replies but I had set the alternate ext and forwarding routing rule scenerios and still get the generic cisco greeting on the ext voicemail.

ie. I call the hunt pilot which forwards on no answer to another ext which rings and after 15 seconds diverts to vm

Hunt Pilot --> HUnt No Answer--> Extension --> No Answer Voicemail.

Have any of you got this to work in the lab or production ?

Hi,

I am not sure whats going on but this is how it should work and I have tested it now and it works for me..

Hunt Pilot --> HUnt No Answer--> Extension --> No Answer Voicemail

The first redirecting number here is the hunt pilot, hence unity will see the extension of the hunt pilot.  As discussed earlier of you have configured a routing rule or alternate extension with the hunt pilot as the fwding station or alternate extension on the subscriber then it should work. I have tested both and it worked.

You need to check what cucm is sending to unity as the forwarding number..You can use RTMT to do this. D you know how to use it?

Please rate useful posts

Thanks for the confirmation aokanlawon , I have not been in a position to personally lab the scenerio and have been dependent on the customer but thanks for confirming the solutions work - I will go down the RTMT route.

Thanks Gentlemen! (Rob and Aokanlawon)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: