Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot - Hunt Forward Settings

san.carlos
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 8.5

I have configured a DN to forward all external "No Answer" and "Busy" calls to a Hunt Pilot that I created in CUCM. When I dial the DN using an external number, the call gets forwarded to the Hunt Pilot and it cycles through the member DNs just fine, but when there is no answer at the end of the hunt, the call fails.

I expect the call, if no one answers, to be forwarded to the original called DNs voicemail as I have configured the Hunt Pilot to use the "Use Personal Preferences" option under the "Forward Hunt No Answer" settings, which should forward the call using the configured CFNC setting on the original called DN, as per the documentation.

Flow example:

Call the DN, 1000

With no answer, call gets forwarded to the hunt pilot DN, 1003

Call gets cycled through the member DNs, 1004 and 1005 just fine

No answer, call gets dropped or fails (It is expected that the call should get forwarded to the voicemail of originally called DN, 1000

Any insight on what I might be missing here?

Thanks,

- Carlos

17 Replies 17

Samuel T Mathai
Level 1
Level 1

try stop hunting in line group no answer & busy..

Same results

try to increase ring timer in dn

In your hunt pilot under "Forward Hunt No Answer", I would set "Forward Unanswered Calls to" Destination #1000 which is your original DN and assigned appropriate CSS.  Same applies for "Forward Hunt Busy"

-Deven Gandhi
*Please rate all useful post

Thanks, I tried that already but that creates a loop basically.

Did you include pound/hash (#) in front of DN?  All of my hunt pilots are setup in this fashion and I have not had issue reaching appropriate voicemail DN.

-Deven Gandhi
*Please rate all useful post

I configured the forward no answer and busy to #DN as suggested with the appropriate CSS and it also did not work.

As a test, I configured the DN's internal No Answer and Busy to forward to the hunt pilot DN and when I call the DN from an internal number, the call gets forwarded all the way through, reaching the originally called DN's voicemail as desired. It is just all external (inbound) calls that fail after the hunt and don't reach the voicemail.

-Carlos

Carlos, if it's forwarded to unity then you get unity prompt for operator. Try this and see what you getting. Go to unity user accoubt of the directory number and try to add alternate extension number which is the hunt pilot number and make a test call. 

Please use RTMT or Remote Port Status Monitor and see whether this call is hitting CUC or not.

If this call is hitting CUCM and then dropped, we need to look into CUC, else issue is at CUCM configuration.

Is it SCCP or SIP integration?

Are PSTN callers reaching voicemail successfully when 1000 directly forwards the call to voicemail?

What about codec configuration between gateway and CUC? Device pool and region configured appropriately?

- Vivek

It is SCCP and PSTN callers are reaching voicemail when DN directly forwards the call to voicemail. All of the devices are on the same device pool and region.

Well, so did you verify in your case where call fails when go through hunt pilot, whether it's is hitting CUC or not?

Can you also share the screen shot of hunt pilot (no-answer configuration) and DN call forward page?

- Vivek

It was not hitting the CUC. On the DN call forward settings, I originally entered the entire 9+10-digit number of the Hunt Pilot, but only because the call was not being forwarded to the Hunt Pilot when an external call was received when using the 4-digit DN in the forward settings.

When I changed the forward setting to the 4-digit DN of the hunt pilot, it started working just fine. The call is now being forwarded to the hunt pilot and through the hunt list members and back to the voicemail just fine.

The problem has been resolved though. I appreciate all of the help and insight with this issue.

Thanks for updating us back.

- Vivek

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config sounds right, I'd verify all CSS and partitions involved.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: