Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot - Hunt Group Number Display issue

Jagsuvce G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created tha Hunt Pilot DN 55555 and name as Travel Desk. Also added Hunt Group Number DN--- 12345 & 12346 ( assigned to IP Phone).

Hunt is working fine. Only issue is when travel desk admin user is calling from IP Phone 76912 or 76913  to other normal users, then the number displayed to the normal users is 76912 or 76913.

Can it made to display as 55555 ???

10 Replies 10

Jagsuvce G
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry the Hunt Group Numbers are 76912 or 76913 (Pls ignore 12345 and 12346).

Hi Jagadish

Can you share with us if you have (CME or CUCM)?. What is the version?.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Its CUCM 8.6

This is working as expected. The extension on the phone is what is displayed. If you want it to display 5555..you can use calling party xformation pattern. Configure your transformation pattern for 76912 and 76913 and use 5555 as the mask. Assign the transformation pattern css to your phones..This way any call that orginates from both phones will display 5555 as the calling number

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi,

Am bit  confused and struck. Can you pls help me guiding step by step pls..

I created the Transformation pattern by ---Call routing--Transformation -- Transformation Pattern-- Calling Party Transformation Pattern for both DN's 76912 and 76913 and in that i have given mentioned the number 55555 under calling party transformation mask. And  for the Phone Transformation CSS i have given the same css as the DN has. Still its not working.

Not sure what i have done is correct. Can you pls guide me.

Have you checked to see that the phone has use calling party transformation css or use device pool css. One of this options will be checked on the phone which is it?

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Device Pool CSS is check.

If you have use device pool calling party transofmation CSS checked then you will need to go to the device pool of the destination phones and select the correct Calling Party Transformation CSS there.

You can test with a single phone by unchecking the use device pool css and specify the appriprate

Calling Party Transformation CSS on the phone itself. Once evrything works as expected, you can then use the device pool cass for all the phones..

Hi,

The main consideration is that the calling party transformation CSS is applied to the destination device, so when phone A calls B you need to ensure that Phone B device or the device pool associated with Phone B is set with the Transformation CSS that you created containing the partition you assigned to the pattern.

Regards
Allan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

I would rather use a Translation pattern on the origination device, than a transformation pattern on the destination device. Transformation patterns don't apply to all endpoints, and still places like the received and placed calls might show different behaviours.

Phone A -> CSS A -> Partition A -> Translation pattern XXXX -> With a CallingPartyMask of 5555 -> CSS Internal

This way all calls going out of Phone A will show number 5555. And you don't need to worry about modifying the destination device. Mayber a little old school but I prefer it this way.

My 2 cents.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: