Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Rejecting Calls from "Anonymous" Callers

mattepps645
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

can anyone advise a way around an issue I have.  I cannot call Hunt Pilots with phones that are withholding their CLI. There doesn't appear to be an option within the Hunt Pilot configuration to accept/reject "Anonymous Calls" as there is with Directory Number configurations.

I don't think calling Hunt Pilots whilst withholding CLI is an unreasonable thing to want to do so I'm sure there must be an easy solution to this ?  This is CUCM 10.5

Many thanks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

Is it possible members of your Line Groups all have "Reject anonymous calls" set on their DN?  This could explain what you're seeing.  I've noticed in one version of CUCM 10.5 that if you add lines with a Universal Line Template then that's turned on by default.

Regards,

Jonathan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

MOHIT SINGH
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What is the call flow for calls with no caller id (Anonymous)?

Hi Mohit,

it's a direct call from an IP phone to the Hunt Pilot.  The IP Phone has a Calling Party Transformation applied that strips the Calling Party Number as detailed below:

Phone DN = 53112345

Calling Party Transformation Pattern = 531XXXXX. in Partition "Block_531_CLI"

Transformation Details = Discard "PreDot".

The Partition is assigned to CSS "531_Caller_ID_Blocking" and this CSS is applied to the "Calling Party Transformation CSS" field in the "Number Presentation Transformation" field on the Device config page.

Calling the Hunt Pilot with the CSS applied causes the call to be rejected due to Caller ID = anonymous. Removing the CSS allows the call to proceed. 

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Is it possible members of your Line Groups all have "Reject anonymous calls" set on their DN?  This could explain what you're seeing.  I've noticed in one version of CUCM 10.5 that if you add lines with a Universal Line Template then that's turned on by default.

Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathon,

that's what it turned out to be. Very frustrating default setting in the Univeral Line Template...

Regards,

Matt

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it possible to attached CCM trace that way we can drill and find out root with solutions.

Meanwhile looking i am looking if there is some provision to that in CUCM 10.5

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: