Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot to Voicemail not working

gerardobrien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody!

I have configured a new hunt pilot on our telephone system here.. CCUM 6.5

I have all calls ringing ok however i when the call is not answered i would like the call to be transfered to an extension's voicemail.

I have added the Forward Hunt No Answer in the Hunt Pilot settings but it keeps going to a message that says... "from a touch tone telephone, enter an extension.. bla bla bla"

See below the Hunt Pilot Settings

cityeast.png

Anyone come across this or have any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wee,

You are on the right track with Harishs good tips (+5 "H")

Hunt Pilot Configuration

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - to Voicemail Pilot #

Forward Hunt Busy - to Voicemail Pilot #

Make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on the desired mailbox.

Let's say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the mailbox you want to use is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA/CFB) to the Unity Pilot # with the settings shown above.

Create a mailbox for 2355 (you may already have this) and add 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

40 Replies 40

HARISH S
Level 1
Level 1

The call is going to voice mail .you are hearing the operator greeting .

check the call transfer rules in unity connection ,check mail box setting of users who has a mail boz on uc

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Where abouts is the call transfer rules in unity connection?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wee,

You are on the right track with Harishs good tips (+5 "H")

Hunt Pilot Configuration

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - to Voicemail Pilot #

Forward Hunt Busy - to Voicemail Pilot #

Make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on the desired mailbox.

Let's say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the mailbox you want to use is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA/CFB) to the Unity Pilot # with the settings shown above.

Create a mailbox for 2355 (you may already have this) and add 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Your response fixed a similar issue I had (getting the caller to Vmail from Hunt Pilot) but how do you get the MWI light to come on the agent phones? In my case I have a Hunt Pilot that rings 3 phones simultaneously and when nobody answers it goes to a mailbox of 4297 (which has an alternate ext of 1799 which is my hunt Pilot #).

I have agents at 4205, 4206 & 4225, so how does MWI alert all phones?

Thanks!

You'd need to start by mentioning what you use for VM.

Let's assume it's CUC, go to the user (4297) and add those DNs under the MWI settings.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm using Unity Connection, I added the MWI's like you suggested and it works, Now I'll have the users test it out. Thanks

for the help!!

Hi Jaime.

I got similar problem with this customer,

They want incoming call from PSTN to ring 2 Receptions phone if no answer/busy it should go to 3rd extension. if some how that extension don't pickup it should comeback to one of the Reception and then leave a voicemail message to 7401 NOT BOTH.

The main line extension is 7400 and the 2 Recp is 7402,7403 and the 3rd number is 7407

I have managed to get them working except leaving voicemail on Ex 7401

I have created a HP 7400, connected to HL group1 7401,7402 broadcast, group2 is 7407 and it works fine

I have also put noan/busy number to HP which is Recp 7401, atfer 30sec I hear Cisco messaging which asking me to dial the extension which I need to get to.

Can you please advice me on this issue 

Many Thanks

Configure the hunt pilot DN as an alternate extension of the VM box you want to reach.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Jaime,

I did what you said and it worked. I was looking for alternate extension on CUC but I found it afterward after careful research. I added my HP number and it worked.

Many Thanks, I would never figured this option out

Hi All,

I have created new Voice mail port and and hunt list. i have assigned the corect voice mail profile.

When i dial the Voice mail Pilot number after 2 rings only its forwarding to voice mail.

What need to be done for immediately go for voice mail.

Regards

Selva

Set cfwd all to pilot no

Thanks,

Harish

I was experiencing the same issue, after adding the alternate extension in Unity everything started working. Thanks for the help

Will Phinney
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

This just saved me. Thanks a ton! You sir, are one knowledgeable guy. Thanks again!

Will Phinny,

I had this problem last year, and it gave me a lot of problems, but however with the help of Jaime I managed to solve it. Am glad that this helped you. 

Well Done !

Gengads28

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: