Views
Helpful
Replies

HUNT pilot VM issue....

farooq.khan
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys,

I have HUNT pilot configured on ccm 6.1  for group of users and VM setup on unity connection 2.1 .....hunt pilot number is 4720 and VM  is 4720 ....it hunts fine but prob is when someone leave VM instead on Vm message apperaing on all memebner screen only one member gets noticifation ....any idea why its happening ...i have changed distribution to broadcast and and hunt option no answer to "try next memeber do no go to next group"....any more setting that needs tweaking ? Thanks guys

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Farooq,

OK ....so where are we at here? I don't think we've addressed

the original "main" user complaint that they can't differentiate

when a message has been left for their number or the Hunt Pilot

Here's what I would do.

Our example creates a new line @ 2355 but it can be any random

unused number;

If possible, add a second "shared" line (2355) to all Line Group members phones

and then set the Hunt Pilot DN as an Alternate Extension on this new line so the

Red MWI Lamp would be lit on all member phones.

So, the he Hunt Pilot number is 4720 and the newly created second line DN's on the Line Group member phones is 2355.

Move the existing mailbox for 4720 to 2355 with 4720 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to CUC via the Hunt Pilot No Answer CUC should see  the CLID of 4720 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CUCM for the second Line 2355 appearances;

For the second Line Setting on (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone and

the users will be able to tell which line the message has been left for by seeing the

flashing envelope icon beside the related line button. The user will also be able to directly

access the Hunt Pilot messages via the new 2355 line button.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Farooq,

If the voicemail account is set @ 4720 which is the same number as the Hunt Pilot

then the only way you could get the RED message lamp and the flashing

prompt on the Line group member phones would be to set them up as Alternate

MWI extensions under the 4720 mailbox in Unity Connection.

If I've misunderstood the query here, please let me know

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Hi Rob,

Thanks for reply , But in unity connection under user dont see option for MWI or alternate ....unity connection is not my strong area so can you please kindly point me in right direction ....i know MWI is done from cucm console but creating and where its assigned unity connection iam trying to get my head round.....so if i create alternate MWI in cucm where do i assign it to 4720 in user section ? or i need to look in diff place for it....cheers

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Farooq,

No worries my friend, I'm sure we can figure this out

Maybe if you could answer a couple of questions it will lead

us in the right direction;

- can you please let us know some of the other numbers involved in

the call flow ie: Hunt 4720 > line group xxxx, xxxx, xxxx

- when a message is left, what number/member gets the message lamp?

- in Unity Connection does 4720 show up as a user when searched?

- if 4720 is configured as a user (in CUC) can you search>edit>MWI

- is this a Business Edition build?

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Hi Rob ,,

Thanks and thats very kind of you....

To answer your question 4720 is pilot and 4700.4702,4210 are the number associatesd with hunt pilot....

When i leave VM 4700 only gets VM notificaton "mail sign" flashing on screen and he says he cant differntiate if its his privtae VM or hunt pilot....

in unity connection 4720 come up as user

and when i search user 4720 ...i find it, click on it then click on edit from there i choose MWI....do i click on add a new or click on exsisting...

and we have seperate unity conn server 2.1 and cucm 6.1 , its not E....cheers

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Farooq,

Here is an example where when a message is left @ 5126 (your 4720)

it also lights the lamp @ 7001 (your 4700)

Message Waiting Indicators
Display Name Enabled Extension Current Status Phone System
MWI-1 X 5126 On CallManager
test  7001 X 7001 On CallManager

Does your MWI page for 4720 look like this? We need to find where the link between

4720 and 4700 is set.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

...if you look at mine snip shots there are no options added...but curiouse if 4700 is never added y he gets lil envelpe blinking on his screen unless its private VM.....let me add them Directory number and see if it makes diff....hope iam right ...great one rob ....really appreciated ....

SO itried doing add new under MWI ( second snip) and added name clicked on enabled and inherit and gave it 4720 as extension to inherit from its say error but when i add user private extension works fine....

Since i have added the user 4702  under MWI , His phone handle light is red , he gets little envelope saying he has a message when he dials VM number enter his pin its says no message, means he is accessing private VM not pilot one....is there diff way of accessing VM for pilot number? sorry for a being a pain...cheers

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Farooq,

OK ....so where are we at here? I don't think we've addressed

the original "main" user complaint that they can't differentiate

when a message has been left for their number or the Hunt Pilot

Here's what I would do.

Our example creates a new line @ 2355 but it can be any random

unused number;

If possible, add a second "shared" line (2355) to all Line Group members phones

and then set the Hunt Pilot DN as an Alternate Extension on this new line so the

Red MWI Lamp would be lit on all member phones.

So, the he Hunt Pilot number is 4720 and the newly created second line DN's on the Line Group member phones is 2355.

Move the existing mailbox for 4720 to 2355 with 4720 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to CUC via the Hunt Pilot No Answer CUC should see  the CLID of 4720 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CUCM for the second Line 2355 appearances;

For the second Line Setting on (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone and

the users will be able to tell which line the message has been left for by seeing the

flashing envelope icon beside the related line button. The user will also be able to directly

access the Hunt Pilot messages via the new 2355 line button.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

thanks alot rob....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: