Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot works internally, does not work for outside callers

thedot331
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I have a tricky situation. 

There is a Hunt Pilot configured at 1000, it goes to a Hunt Group with 1 extension (reception). If there is no answer/busy, the settings are to forward to 1003, which is also a Hunt Pilot with a second Hunt Group of multiple members. 

Everything works perfectly when using internal DIDs. If users call and 1000 is busy, it's forwarded to 1003. If 1000 has no answer, again users forwarded to 1003. The Calling search space is the same for both numbers. We are not using Queueing or any other settings.

However, it does not work for external callers. The first caller gets through the line 1000, and all subsequent callers are instantly sent to voicemail box of 1000, instead of being sent to 1003. 

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

9 Replies 9

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

When supplementary features are not working it always leads to resource issues. Do you have MRGL assigned on the phone. Whats you Gateway (SIP/H323/MGCP) ?

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

The device is a Cisco 2911, and it's registered as a standard H.323 gateway to our Call Manager, which is at version 11.5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you saying all this works internally? i.e. an internal caller calling 1000 does that get transferred to 1003 at all? if so, I would be inclined to look at CSS between the voice gateway and the 1003 huntpilot

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

You're correct, it works internally

I will check out the CSS

I checked the CSS and everything seems to be in order

Is there anything i can do to log this /trace a call in Call Manager and see where the redirect fails?

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

If you have a SIP trunk enable MTP and see if this helps

JH

The device is a Cisco 2911, and it's registered as a standard H.323 gateway to our Call Manager, which is at version 11.5

the line coming in is a physical PRI

Hi there

Could you try Device > Gateway > H323 > Check Media Termination Point Required

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

tried enabling the check box, no difference

External calls still instantly go to voicemail instead of hunt group, if the line is busy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: