Helpful
Replies

Hunting Group for Room Phones

mukthar786
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

We have Cisco CUCM 11.5 and  275 to 300 rooms

each room having 1 to 4  third party SIP IP phones with individual DN for each Phone.

how to create hunt group for each room if someone call the room all the extension should ring.

can we create Hunt group in bulk .

ex: room -101  

DN - 111, 112, 113, 114

10 Replies 10

Yes that should be doable. A recommendation would be to design a dial plan so that you do not have any overlaps between the hunt pilot directory numbers and the phone directory numbers as otherwise you’ll quickly find yourself in the deep end of a whole bunch of trouble.

Response Signature

Yes its doable.

When its a Cisco phones on hotel deployment I normally configure all phones in the room with same extensions.  Basically a share line. 

Response Signature

Would that work with 3:rd party SIP devices @Nithin Eluvathingal? From what I know they do not support sharing a directory number.

Response Signature

I missed the SIP phones in OP. Yes its not supported 

But I was able to add SIP device with shared line on my CUCM 14 , if I remember correctly on previous  version CUCM won't even allow to add shared line. But I don't have a SIP phones to test this. 

Response Signature

A standard Cisco phone device can use shared directory number(s), but I think that it is not supported on 3:rd party devices as they often use the directory number as part of the authentication. This would from what I understand pose an issue for using a shared line. I could be wrong for sure.

Response Signature

3rd-party SIP phones use the End User username and DIGEST password for authentication, although they also specify the DN during registration. I have not heard of shared line limitations with 3rd-party SIP phones before though; I have configured it successfully with a unique End User account per phone. Anyone have supporting documentation saying this isn’t supposed to work?

If i remember correctly when configuring third party phone with shared line, CUCM  doesn't allow us to add the shared  lines.

There was no documents mentioning this limitations.

Response Signature

I did a quick test and added a couple of 3:rd party SIP devices to one of our CMs and put a shared line on them. It worked as expected with no warning or errors.

image.png

Response Signature

That is correct if the device supports digest authentication. If it doesn't it will use the user name and DN for authentication.

Response Signature

So that works, I was not able to test this as I didn’t get a third party sip  phone and I expect to get it two days.

in that case the OP doesn’t want to create  hunt group, he can have shared line in a room.

Means all the phones in a room will have same extension .

Response Signature