Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI is supported for Voice

lalit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am using HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI Interface card in cisco 2811 Router. I wants to configure this router as voice gateway.Once i configure the gateway as MGCP I am seeing the gateway is registered with CCM server.But the end points on the CCM gateway shows " Unregistered "

I wanted to whether this card HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI is supporting or not. This perticular card is not visible in the gateway end point list. I am seeing only VWIC option.

Please let me know if any idea.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

10 Replies 10

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The CUCM releases CUCM 7.1(5) and CUCM 8.0(2) are  the minimum releases supported for voice on HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI and  HWIC-2CE1T1-PRI.

This release information only applies to MGCP  configurations because H.323 and SIP configurations have no CUCM release  dependency.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/12_4x/12_4_11xw/fmt1e1ic_voice.html

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My CCM version is 8.0.3 and gateway is cisco 2811 Router (MGCP).

The Cisco 2811 Router is detected the HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI Interface card.

The problem i am facing is gateway is succefully registered with the CCM and when i check the end points on the CCM gateway page i saw end points are unregistered.

So i have a doubt whether HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI interface will support or not becuase when i select the interface on the ccm gateway page i am not seeing HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI interface card in the list.I saw only vwic card.

Any IOS upgrade will work on router ? Pls confirm.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI are  for data-isdn and not for voice. 

For voice support you will need a VWIC2-xMFT-E1/T1

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

This means HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI will not support for voice.....

Do you have any supporting document....

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

Hi,

From this link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/product_data_sheet0900aecd80710c88_ps5949_Products_Data_Sheet.html

HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI
1 Port Channelized T1/E1 and ISDN PRI High Speed WAN Interface Card

No Voice

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

I have reffered the doc but no where it says it does not support voice.

Also please refere the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/12_4x/12_4_11xw/fmt1e1ic_voice.html

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

I just looked at my CUCM 8.6 and it does show as an option, if you're not getting it in the drop-down meny most likely you're not meeting the minimum CUCM requirements mentioned in your link.

EDIT: just noticed you mention you're using 8.0(3), are you sure you're properly configuring the MGCP GW in CUCM?? As mentioned in the link it does only show when it's on the motherboard.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked in motherboard only and it does not show.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Lalit

On a 2811 the HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI only supports data networking

Looking at the document you have reffered to

Voice Support on 1-Port and 2-Port HWICs

15.0(1)M3, 15.1(1)T1, 15.1(2)T

Introduces digital voice support (ds0-group and pri-group) on HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI and HWIC- 2CE1T1-PRI.

This feature is introduced to the 1-Port and 2-Port HWIC on the following ISR-G2 platforms. Cisco 2911, Cisco 2921, Cisco 2951, Cisco 3925, Cisco 3925E, Cisco 3945, and Cisco 3945E.

Digital voice for 1-Port and 2-Port HWICS is only supported on motherboard (MB) HWIC slots.

The CUCM releases CUCM 7.1(5) and CUCM 8.0(2) are the minimum releases supported for voice on HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI and HWIC-2CE1T1-PRI.
This release information only applies to MGCP configurations because H.323 and SIP configurations have no CUCM release dependency.

The following sections provide information about this feature:

Voice on the WIC is supported on ISR-G2 platforms not ISRs like a 2811

HTH

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: