cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i am hearing a lot of static on port 1 on ATA 187

vatter
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ATA 187 on CUCM 8.51. This is a pretty new device. I configured the device and it registered to the CUCM OK but when i tried to use an analog phone on port 1, i am hearing a lot of static and sound of dial tone is very low. When it is connects to the other phones, the other party hears echo and they barely can hear me.

Surprisingly when the same phone is plugged in to the Port2, it works fine. No static and hears regular dial tone.

I am currently talking to a TAC but he is clueless. I just upgraded firmware to 9.21 from 9.03 but it did not make any difference.. Anyone out there experienced same issue and how did you fixed the issue?

Any help would really appreciated.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have the unit replaced, then go from there.

vatter
Level 1
Level 1

This is my second ATA...you think both ATAs are bad?

i will try third one tomorrow.

I just tried 4 brand new ATA187 and all of them have very bad static on both ports except for one which only had it on port number one.

Did you end up having to replace them or did you find something else?

Hi,

You can try changing the setting "Impedance" on the ATA port.

-Use 600 ohm real or complex, this should help

-After doing this change please; Apply the config, save the changes and reset the ATA on CUCM device configuration page.

HTH

--

Jorge Armijo

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: