cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I could not make Caller Id work with 2911 FXO it's showing "Unknown Number" on IP Phone display

Kassimaltaregi
Level 1
Level 1

I've tasted the lines using an analog phones and I am able to see the caller Id on the display.

I have to tried different permutation and combination. Can anyone help me plz :(

Thank you in advance

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Have you tried configuring the "caller-id enable" command on the FXO port receiving the call?

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your replay I have tried many config combination along with shut no shut 

voice-port 1/0/12
 supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
 supervisory custom-cptone FXO
 echo-cancel coverage 64
 cptone BE
 timeouts wait-release 1
 connection plar opx 240
 impedance complex2
 description Direct No. 4936251
 caller-id enable
 caller-id alerting line-reversal
 caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate

Hi,

Can you please explain the topology and share the output of debug voice ccapi?

Hi Mohammed,

our setup is we have one Cisco 2911 router with FXO ports and it's resisted with the Call Manger as h323 gateway

Thank you

Kassim Mohammed

Hi,

Use cptone as US and caller-id alerting ring 1.

Then share the debug voice ccapi and debug cch323 h225. Share the calling/called numbers

Can you try this?

caller-id alerting ring 2
shut
no shut

Hi Eric,

Yes I've already tried that one also ring 3 and 4 

Thank you

Kassim

Hi Kassim,

Hmm, then my guess is it has something to do with the cptone that prevents the router from parsing the caller ID correctly.

supervisory custom-cptone FXO

cptone BE

Can you explain why you have a custom cptone and the Belgium cptone as well? Is this a setting you normally do? and for what purpose

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: