cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i'm an idiot and didnt add enough FXO's

Mark Graham
Level 1
Level 1

we just got 2 new ISR 4351's in and i thought both sites that these are going to only needed 2 ports, well one has 4 (one for paging to the old overhead intercom system and 3 lines that is plared as i think a ring group)  

with that being said, it may be a while for us to get a new NMFXO2 in so my question is this .....  

whats the best way of adding in the existing hardware (2801) just for the other 2 ports until we get this straightened out?   it has smartnet, but with them being end of contract renewal at the end of jan, and hardware end in october, we decided to start replacing.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Configure the 2801 as a GW/trunk in CUCM and then point the desired extension/route pattern to it. If you use SIP/H323 you will also need to add dial-peers on the router to point to the port, with MGCP you will only need route pattern on CUCM pointing to the MGCP port.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking what else you need to add to the 2801 routers to make them voice GW and accommodate the FXO trunks?

If so, you can get VIC2-FXO dual or quad cards from anywhere and insert them into onboard HWIC slots assuming you have some empty ones, you also need to make sure you have adequate PVDM2s to cover the ports and IOS capable of doing voice. 

Then simply configure the GW as either SIP/H323/MGCP and allow proper with CUCM (assuming this is CUCM deployment).

no, i want the 4351 to be the head end, i went back to the site just now and checked.  only 1 port needs done up (the paging port)  

can i re configure the 2801 to just page?  will i have to add it into the route plan? 

Configure the 2801 as a GW/trunk in CUCM and then point the desired extension/route pattern to it. If you use SIP/H323 you will also need to add dial-peers on the router to point to the port, with MGCP you will only need route pattern on CUCM pointing to the MGCP port.

thanks chris!  thats what i was thinking but i just wanted to tripple check so i can give my team an answer :) 

No problem, let us know if you have any further questions, otherwise you can mark the thread as answered.  Good luck,

Chris