cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need an idiots guide to CVP

Purist1972
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote branch that has a call centre (and soon a Call Manager). To reduce costs I want to connect it to an IPCC Enterprise. This is located in a different country via an E3. Rather naively I thought the only costs I would incur would be licensing. However, my supplier tells me that I must purchase CVP hardware. A direct connection would make calls more susceptible to latency. I really don't understand the concept of CVP and the more I look into it the more confused I become. Why would CVP made calls less susceptible to latency ?

Many Thanks.

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco Customer Voice Portal (CVP) is a web-based platform that provides carrier-class interactive voice response (IVR) and IP switching services on Voice over IP (VoIP) networks.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/srnd/3_1/vp31intr.html

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

CVP verus IP/IVR keeps the call at the gateway via VXML.

With IP/IVR the call would come in at remote office, cross the E3 at G711/G729 to be queued, then delivered back to that agent.

With CVP all is local, no crossing the wan. CVP is best for distributed environments. CVP will likely replace IP/IVR long term.