cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to run a report to show all users in a CSS

jpolgar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a request to run a report to show all users with International dial access.I have created a CSS for international dial access but I cannot see where i can run this report from?

CAR does not give me the report i need it shows call details on what calls are made time and date etc but not basic user information,

Like who has international dial access based on the CSS i have created.

Can i run a report on users who are in a CSS?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay,

Really your looking at cross referencing two different things, Users can have departments but don't have CSS. Phones/UDP have CSS but don't have departments.

In CuCM 8 on the menu line there should be a Bulk Administration menu, that's BAT.

The way I would suggest you do this is export all detail as described earlier, sort the spreadsheet to find only the CSS you want then you the alerting name or userid to get the user details and look up the department using Excel referencing another table.

Craig

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no reporting on that unless you go directly to the DB to run some queries to find out who has it configured.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

You can tell what devices are using the Dependency Records, which will give a simple 'report'. You can drill down and get a list of phones or user profiles using that CSS.

Dependency records are found by looking up the CSS your interested in the top right hand side of your screen pull down the related links.

If this doesn't meet your need can tell me more about the 'users' your looking up, do you mean real phones or extension mobility profiles I can help you write an SQL lookup that will dump everything you need.

Please rate helpful posts.

Craig

Also a different approach would be to use a BAT export to create a CSV file.

Bulk Administration>Phones>Export Phones>

Then you have options of all details or filtering, as I don't know how you have your CSS's configured (blocking or not) try exporting All Details and opening the resulting file in Open Office or Excel  2007 or better. Excel 2003 has a column limit that may cause your data to be truncated.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

Thanks for getting back to me Craig,

First thing was that I tried the BAT tool but I ran into few problems, we are running CCM8 on Linux backend and the BAT application is not visible, I’m logged in as Admin but cannot see this?

So it tried the dependency records for the CSS and that worked but again it only shows the Directory Number, Partition and Device.

What I’m trying to get is a report which shows what users in a department have international dial access, now I have run the Dependency for the CSS which is assigned for international dial access but I cannot cross reference that with the user in the department?

Seems like a lot of work to get one report?

Cheers Jay

Jay,

Really your looking at cross referencing two different things, Users can have departments but don't have CSS. Phones/UDP have CSS but don't have departments.

In CuCM 8 on the menu line there should be a Bulk Administration menu, that's BAT.

The way I would suggest you do this is export all detail as described earlier, sort the spreadsheet to find only the CSS you want then you the alerting name or userid to get the user details and look up the department using Excel referencing another table.

Craig

HI Craig,

Yeah i have done this, i thought there could be a easier way. Thanks for your time and effort.

Cheers Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: