Views
Helpful
Replies

I would like to hear user opinions of SRST Manager

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in hearing about the SRST Manager when integrated with E-SRSTs. I've heard some troubling things on the boards regarding it being very sketchy when integrated E-SRSTs enter fallback mode.

Would you say it's been more of a blessing than a curse? Does it save you a great deal of maintenance?

Another thing I find weird is that it doesn't quite seem to be in development. 9.0.7 came out in 2012. Anyone know the scoop on whether or not the latest versions of E-SRST and CUCM operate fully with CUSM 9.0.7?

1 Reply 1

kwinstrand
Level 1
Level 1

I tried SRST Manager about six months ago and found it to be pretty unreliable.  There isn't much documentation about what to do to prep your IOS devices for provisioning.

The provisioning worked on about 20% of our devices.  TAC didn't know much more about getting it to work than we did.  

In failover I think I remember having problems with DN translations, such as using 4-digit numbers to call 10-digit DN's.  These can be fixed with the dialplan-pattern command, but we had to enter it manually iirc.

We also had trouble using TACACS with it.  I have yet to find anybody who thinks using this is easier than coming up with a generic E-SRST config.