cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ideas on adding licenses to a 8.X Communications Manager cluster before upgrade to v10.

rodmont74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, hope is all well. This is something I started working with my global Cisco reseller but it takes sometime I wanted to make sure I see different options if possible to present. My company has deployments of collaboration products mainly on v8.x (all three main 8.0.2, 8.5.1 and 8.6.2) going to v10 during this year. Some already run on UCS but some are on MCS and will be late in migration. For those late, there are some growth need in end user/phone deployment but since v8 is end of sale, my provider may not be able to sell licenses.

If this is true, they might offer to buy v10 licenses with software subscription just like new deployment, which is not too bad at all since we will use this added amount on future v10 upgrade, but has anyone ever did that? I am afraid we use v10 PAK (if possible) to generate v8 license file, will render it not upgradable later. Reasoning is, let's say there is 1000 licenses on v8 with UCSS and we buy 15 v10 licenses downgraded to v8. Once we processo v8 to v10 upgrade on PUT, Cisco might see only 1000 original v8 liceses to provide upgrade instead of 1015.

Does it make sense or am I missing something here? Thank you very much for any suggestions.

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What I have understood that u are trying to buy CUCM 10 licenses and generate for version 8 and hence, upload to CUCM 10  , the same u won;t be able to do so.

Once migrated to Call Manager version 10, u can share the txt file from PLM along with PAK code for additional 10 licenses purchased so that u can get total of 1015 from licensing@cisco.com

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman, I prefer to buy v8 licenses with UCSS or corresponding software subscription to upgrade to v10 later this year, but if v8 licenses are not sold anymore, I might have to hold on or to downgrade v10.

UCSS and CUCM 8.X licenses have both been EoL. Even the existing UCSS+ ESW has been converted to SWSS.

Ref: CUCM 8.X Device and Licenses EoL notification

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/eos-eol-notice-c51-732309.html

Customers may be able to continue to purchase Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 8.x Phone Units and Device License Units the Cisco Certified Refurbished Equipment program. Refurbished units may be available in limited supply for sale in certain countries on a first-come, first-served basis until the Last Date of Support has been reached. For information about the Cisco Certified Refurbished Equipment program, go to: http://www.cisco.com/go/eos.

Product Migration Options

Customers are encouraged to migrate to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager v 9.2 or later.

Ref: UCSS EoL

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-software-subscription/eos-eol-notice-c51-732026.html

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Thank you very much, Terry. Checking that too, very good alternative.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: