Replies

IM and Presence Server v11 PUT query

sundarr
Level 1
Level 1

Our client has total of 4 IPT applications 

CUCM, CUC, CCX and  IM and Presence Server running on version 9.X  

Client has SWSS contract .

When I key in the SWSS details in PUT tool, I get only the option of product group for CUCM, CCX, Expressway , Prime collaboration and Voice messaging for 11.X bootable medias.  

I do not  see any option for  downloading IM and Presence bootable 11.x version. 

I am surprised how IM& P was excluded from SWSS contract. If the client needs to get  IM & Presence 11.X upgrade media what is the product code I need to order from Cisco ?

Any guidance is much appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Np, let us know if you need anything else, otherwise please mark the post as solved.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IMP is free and thus all media posted on CCO for IMP is already bootable, You can just download it from CCO.

Hello Chris, 

Can the 11.X media will it be able to collect all 9.x information and ensure it is available when upgrade is carried out  ?

Once IM&P is installed any issues will be noticed in Prime License Manager? 

Are you asking about if you can upgrade from IMP 9.X to 11.X?  Have you reviewed the upgrade guide and release notes as it's vital for successful upgrade planning? There is lots of considerations, including compatibility with CUCM, Jabber clients, virtual machine settings, etc.

As to licenses IMP does not require any licenses, hence there is no IMP integration with PLM, only CUCM which is driven by user device relationship.

Hello Chris, 

I am aware the upgrade can be carried out from 9.x to 11.X 

Generally for a major upgrade,  PCD is used where it collects all details from 9.X to 11.X which works for CUCM. 

I would like to know if the IM & Presence media available from software site for 11.X will it do the same? Since the software available from general downloads is not bootable slightly  nervous whether will it collect all data and no further licensing issues noticed during the actual migration. 

As we are planning to perform the major upgrade on the same hardware had to be prepared and ensure all queries are answered to client. 

regards

IMP media has always been bootable on CCO unlike other apps such as CUCM. When using PCD you may need to prefix "Bootable" to the name of the ISO for it to work on new install/migration. In place upgrade never requires bootable ISO.

Thanks Chris. 

Np, let us know if you need anything else, otherwise please mark the post as solved.