Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P 10.5 - Unable to assign the User to Presence Node

gpsriramdc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

We are running IM&P 10.5 with HA enabled on the subscluster. When we enable the IM&P Service for new users,they become unassigned users in Presence.{ Existing users are working fine]

Same behavior happening for existing user, when we disable & enable the IM&P service.

I have tried with restarting the sync service but no luck. Found from sync logs. user are mapped to cups db without any issue.

1) what are the logs we need to check to troubleshoot on this ?( I thing presence engine responsible for assign the user in nodes)

2) what are other possible reasons or other things need to check ?

3) Presence server status in the sub cluster will affect the user assignment ?

current state of the subscluster.

Server State                                     Reason

Publisher                                Running in backup node                   Initialization

Subscriber                              Failed Over                                      Initialization 

Thanks in Advance !!!!!

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

When we enable the IM&P Service for new users,they become unassigned users in Presence.{ Existing users are working fine] >> For this I believe the parameter is in the Enterprise Parameters

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_5_1/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105_chapter_00.html#CUP0_RF_UE9F2912_00

For the question 3.

I believe it is Initializing stage and should come back to normal state once all the services are up and running.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_0101.html#CUCM_TK_E26FE885_00

HTH

Hi Wilson !

Thanks for your reply..

1) By default user assignment is "Balance" mode where user assignment will take care automatically.

2) Presence nodes are in steady state . Here reason is showing as initialization since i restarted the SRM service.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Hi wilson !

Users assigned to the Node , once i done the fallback in server action.

As you said, server state should be normal. But not sure it's mandatory in all the fail over scenario's.

User assignment process are captured in presence engine logs.

Thanks.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: