Helpful
Replies

Imediate Disconnect ISDN

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hi ,

Attached are the logs and sh running .

whenever i dial to GSM number from my corporate network the call reaches the mobile and it disconnects, But if i am dialling the landline number then the call is successful.

I suspect the issues is with the telco as i can see in the logs the CAUSE is 31 in voip ccapi inout output and the same reflect for debug isdn.

Cause i = 0x829F.

Please confirm is it i am on the correct path of troubleshooting.

11 Replies 11

Jagpreet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clark,

It is indeed the Service Provider which is disconnecting the call. Although I am not sure as to why they send the SETUP_ACK.

In my experience a SETUP_ACK is sent when more information is required. In any case, we need to contact the Telco even if they are disconnecting the call on their own or if they require more information from us such as Plan and Type for the Called/Calling number.

Also, please share the debugs for a working call and if you can for a landline with the same area code.

Regrads,

Jagpreet

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Clark,

can you show the q931 debug of a call that is successfull.

The one thing I noticed is that, you are not sending an ISDN type such as national, I was just wondering if this is the same for your successfull call.

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '96349526'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

Here is the attached.

OK, so that is the same.

I would hook up with the Telco, to see why they are disconnecting the call,   (remember they are sending the diconnect)

Clark,

Forgive my ignorance but I googled the GSM number you are dialing in the failed call trace: 96349526 and based on the response I am guessing that the GSM phone provider is Airtel and the service region is Uttar. Is that an accurate assumption or am I way off?

If it is accurate then my next guess is that you are missing two digits in the called party number. I thought that the mobile network in India is 10D but I could be wrong. It isn't my normal stomping ground. I doubt you are dialing the wrong number. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to point that out.

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well,

The 9F isn't helpful as it means the disconnect is a normal event with no standard cause code.  The 82 does identify that the disconnect is coming from the local switch. I am not familiar with your market but the things I would check:

1. Are you sending a valid ANI (that is part of your DID range).  Based on another question in posted to the forums I suspect you are.

2. Are you supposed to send TON/Plan of unknown/unknown for ANI?   For DNIS? That is what you are sending. If the switch is expecting something else (and being stubborn about it) then your call will get rejected. I primarily work in the US and most of the switches I have dealt with will pass the call when using unknown/unknown. That said, I did some work in Canada and there was one market where the call would be rejected by the local telco switch if I failed to send the correct TON/Plan for ANI AND DNIS

Outside of that then I guess I would ask what is the user experience. You said "reaches the mobile and it disconnects". I am going to assume you don't hear ring back since I don't see an alerting message coming from the ISDN. I also don't think you are hearing an automated message since the call disconnects in one second. So, do you hear a fast busy? Nothing?

I would definitely try to specify TON/Plan. As I recall in another thread you started, the debug showed the PSTN presenting TON/Plan.

HTH.

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

Hello Dears,

Outside of that then I guess I would ask what is the user experience.  You said "reaches the mobile and it disconnects". I am going to assume  you don't hear ring back since I don't see an alerting message coming  from the ISDN. I also don't think you are hearing an automated message  since the call disconnects in one second. So, do you hear a fast busy?  Nothing?

yes i don't hear a ring back

yes i hear a fast busy tone

a missed call alert on cell phone

I would definitely try to specify TON/Plan. As I recall in another  thread you started, the debug showed the PSTN presenting TON/Plan. 

How to specify ???

Thanks

Clark,

My response was a little delayed. So, first I would ask you check the response I posted just 1 minute ago concerning the DNIS digit length. Assuming that is wrong then I'd suggest going back to TON/Plan. You can use translation profiles to specify TON/Plan

-BIll

Dear

So, first I would ask you check the response I posted just 1 minute ago concerning the DNIS digit length

The digit are correct, missed call alert is poping up on mobile.

Assuming that is wrong then I'd suggest going back to TON/Plan. You can use translation profiles to specify TON/Plan

I think the translation profile are also OK because it they are not proper then the call would have not initiated nor it would have reached the mobile,

Correct my thinking if i am wrong.

Thanks

Hello,

Anybody can put some shade on above issue where the problem is lying.

Thanks

Hi Clark,

I guess Bill wanted you to change the Type of Number and Plan of the called number using the Translation Profiles.

You can also do that from the CUCM. But do involve the Provider into this and ask them what are they expecting becuase they disconnect the call.

Regards,

Jagpreet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: