cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Immersive Video Bandwidth between clusters - Where is this defined?

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

All,

First thanks for your help. I need some education on Locations, Regions and Multiple Clusters.

We are in the process of deploying DX80s to several regional facilities. The devices work correctly but when calling they are always at 384k video (which is the default in system params). I've been looking at region and location settings but I cant seem to wrap my head around it. Let me give you an idea of our setup

• Cluster 1
    • Site a
    • Site b
  • Cluster 2
    • Site c
    • Site d
    • Site e

When calling from Cluster 1 to Cluster 2 the calls are always 384k. Where should I look to increase this value? I was able to increase the quality when calling endpoints on the same cluster in different regions. There is a trunk between cluster 1 and 2.

Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. This whole location/region thing makes my head swim. And it doesn't help that this was already setup before me and I am having to work backwards on it.

CUCM 11.5

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The bandwidth is defined between the region of the location on cluster A and region assigned to SIP trunk pointing to cluster B. If you look at one of these regions configuration and it uses system default then you need to go under service parameters --> CM service and find default inter-region bandwidth for immersive video which I believe is set to 384 kbps, you can change it there to affect all  inter region bandwidth not explicitly defined in region configuration, or simply define desired bandwidth between these 2 regions on one of the region's configuration.

Everyone, 

Thanks for your input. I am looking over all the detail and trying to digest. I will be back with change results and possibly more questions.

Thanks again!

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard,

region specifies the bandwidhth/codec to be used between 2 entities and location specifies maximum available bandwidth that can be used for calls more than which the calls wont be allowed. So you need to use the combination of these two to work.

you can configure this by navigating to system--> location info --> location. While creating a new location, you will see the options to set between locations as shown in the attachment.

You need to set these values in region & locations config between the two clusters accordingly.

HTH

Rajan

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to this, use the region location setting in conjunction with your QoS classes between your locations where the DX80's are,  

For instance if you have for instance 1Mbps of video/voice high priortity class, there is no point trying to pump multiple HD video streams across that link.

Please rate if useful.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Consider below scenarion

Cluster-1
1) Reg-a/Loc-a <---> Loc-a/Reg-a
1) Reg-b/Loc-b <---> Loc-b/Reg-b
1) Reg-a/Loc-a <---> Loc-b/Reg-b

Now Locations can be defines on Device Pools and Device Pool applied to Phones and SIP Trunks [ In this case the Location parameter on Devices>Phones and Devices>SIP Trunk remains Hub_none] and Regions are applied via the DP.

In this case if Phone-1 call phone in Cluster2 over SIP Turnk this call will be considerec call between Loc-a and Loc-a and Reg-a to Reg-a and consuems the setting for IntraLocation or IntraRegion Settings.

So we need to either change DP of SIP Trunk or to put it in Different Reg and Loc

HTH 

Thanks
Haris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: