Views
Helpful
Replies

IMP 10.5.1 chat issue

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Dear Colleagues,

We have CUCM 10.5 and IMP 10.5.1. we are using Jabber windows version 10.5 also.

We have chat issue, when we open the chat menu it shows error message "message can't be delivered"

I have noticed that users can't see each other online. I think this is the source of the problem.

CUCM is integrated with AD.

do you have any idea why this is happening ?

Thank you in advance

Anas

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anas,

I would suggest verifying your IM&P , CUCM and Jabber config as per the Jabber deployment guide below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and_chapter_0100.html

If the issue persists you can get back to the forum.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

we are following the guide to configure IMP and Jabber. the chat is only not working.

As I mentioned, the user can't the others online. when you open the chat window to send message, it give an error "message can't be delivered"

Regards

Anas

Hi Anas,

If the jabber clients are unable to see the presence status of others then some configuration could be missing or incorrect. Try restarting the Presence nodes , if the issue persists you should collect the Jabber problem report to check for any errors.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: